Facelift Looks like my RS3 is still for sale ??

zippster

Reaction score
Wow about a month ago I sold my bearly run in RS3 to Westover as I picked up a new Elise cup 250 (back to my roots) and it’s still there?? WTF? Looks like they dropped the price too ! Someone need to show it some love !

https://www.westovergroup.co.uk/used-cars/10335786-audi-a3-rs-3-quattro/

I can confirm it was well loved and maintained, just not driven..(I know!)

Reactions: NevMan, jimojameso and EVO855
Perhaps the dealer should advertise it as an RS3 and not an A3 !!. The car doesn't even appear in a quick goggle search.

Reactions: EVO855
1400 miles! You must have been beaten to a pulp on the trade in!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, zippster, AudiNutta and 2 others
Black, no thanks. Saloon, no thanks. 44 grand, definitely no thanks.

Don't know if the lighter interior is a less popular choice than the black, which may account for it.

I know some will love it but it's definitely not my cup of tea - although probably a lot better to get into when the car's been left on a really hot day though.

1400 miles! You must have been beaten to a pulp on the trade in!

TX.

It was 1337 when I left it!

Quite the opposite actually .. I made a few quid AND got a very good deal on my new car! (All on paper of course but I surprised myself how well I did overall! )

Ironic that I did over 650 miles in less than 2 weeks in my lotus (I’m now on holiday for 2 weeks) whereas took me over 6 months to run the RS3 in ;(

As much as I loved it, I think over the past 3/4 years with fast German cars it just wasn’t ticking the boxes and living up to where I wanted to be..

I don’t munch miles, (clearly) and have always missed a track car. With practicality out of the way now I can carry on where I left off over 10 years ago.

Also regarding black, I can honestly say mythos black has been the easiest cars to keep clean I’ve ever owned.. when it was delivered, (as some of you know) I spent over 8 hours, cutting, polishing and then ceramic coating the thing within an inch of its life! This made cleaning very easy and also the odd soft wax coating meant nothing ever stuck to it! With the right products black is not a nightmare to keep clean and still is my fave car colour.. but like anything after 4 blacks I’ve gone to the other scale now with metallic chrome orange

Reactions: D0C and NevMan
It was 1337 when I left it!

Quite the opposite actually .. I made a few quid AND got a very good deal on my new car! (All on paper of course but I surprised myself how well I did overall! )

Ironic that I did over 650 miles in less than 2 weeks in my lotus (I’m now on holiday for 2 weeks) whereas took me over 6 months to run the RS3 in ;(

As much as I loved it, I think over the past 3/4 years with fast German cars it just wasn’t ticking the boxes and living up to where I wanted to be..

I don’t munch miles, (clearly) and have always missed a track car. With practicality out of the way now I can carry on where I left off over 10 years ago.

Also regarding black, I can honestly say mythos black has been the easiest cars to keep clean I’ve ever owned.. when it was delivered, (as some of you know) I spent over 8 hours, cutting, polishing and then ceramic coating the thing within an inch of its life! This made cleaning very easy and also the odd soft wax coating meant nothing ever stuck to it! With the right products black is not a nightmare to keep clean and still is my fave car colour.. but like anything after 4 blacks I’ve gone to the other scale now with metallic chrome orange

You got a deal that suits you and an outcome you’re happy with, that’s all that matters :thumbs up: Never driven one but can totally appreciate where you’re coming from on the driver experience.

It was the easiest to keep clean because you never drove it ;)

Reactions: zippster
You got a deal that suits you and an outcome you’re happy with, that’s all that matters :thumbs up: Never driven one but can totally appreciate where you’re coming from on the driver experience.

It was the easiest to keep clean because you never drove it ;)

Very much so! To be fair I was planning on waiting until it was at least a year old but an opportunity arose that I couldn’t miss out on.

Have had a few lotus in the past and have always regretted selling em..

Lol@“ it was the easiest to keep clean as I didn’t drive it” true true in this case but I’ll have you know I put over 4000 miles (18 months)on the S4 avant I traded for it ;););)

Reactions: AudiNutta
Fancy coating my car within an inch of its life Zippster?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not to far at 100 miles away.

Set a date and I'll be there. My car looks like it's NEVER been washed... the paint is soft and the dirt is engrained. Looks great from ten feet

Not to far at 100 miles away.

Set a date and I'll be there. My car looks like it's NEVER been washed... the paint is soft and the dirt is engrained. Looks great from ten feet

I can polish anything... but I fear “we’re gonna need a bigger boat!” :yes:

Reactions: Terminator x
Why the cream interior?

I had a friend with a mk5 r32 who had a very rough time selling it due to that. I still follow rs3 carsales on my phone and it lets me know when one gets taken off/put up and I definitely do notice nardo grey/black optics get scooped up quickest

I still reckon daytona grey is the nicest but I'm bias :)

Also might be because it's black. Owned a black car in my teens and never again, looks absolutely amazing if it's a garage queen washed weekly but as a daily it's hard work

Why the cream interior?

I had a friend with a mk5 r32 who had a very rough time selling it due to that. I still follow rs3 carsales on my phone and it lets me know when one gets taken off/put up and I definitely do notice nardo grey/black optics get scooped up quickest

I still reckon daytona grey is the nicest but I'm bias :)

Also might be because it's black. Owned a black car in my teens and never again, looks absolutely amazing if it's a garage queen washed weekly but as a daily it's hard work

It’s not cream it lunar silver ( and very not cream in the flesh) and again nowadays you don’t get any dye transfer, but me being me I sealed the leather with some gtecnic leather guard..

I agree cream would be hidious

When washing the car I’d just wipe over the interior with the damp drying cloth..

Perfect stuff .. just dont understand why people are afraid of this colour. My wife has cream leather in her jag epace and that’s lighter than this!
Colour combo looked great imho and was what drew me to the car in the first place..

Marmite for some I guess but as I’ve always said with the right products black has been the easiest car to keep clean, never underestimate ceramic coating for both inside and out.. nothing sticks honest and you can do it yourself!

B2B70E18 1BE8 484E AF65 DFFF391A163F C287A44C FC12 4FF5 964F 91FF68BD50DC

Reactions: AudiNutta
Bit off topic but what you think of the cup 250? I can't stop looking at them at the moment. Those and the Exige 350 although that's a bit of a stretch :)

Any pictures?

Bit off topic but what you think of the cup 250? I can't stop looking at them at the moment. Those and the Exige 350 although that's a bit of a stretch :)

Any pictures?

Hey
Funny enough I had an Exige previously and originally was thinking of buying a v6 however upon driving both I find the cup 250 much more nimble and fun to drive due to its lightweight (v6 Exige much heavier) it’s 100bhp less and also 200kg less weight than the exige 350. Price wise they are pretty much the same , but much more std spec on the cup (v6 350 vs cup 250) £ per smile priceless .. I pretty much maxed my spec on mine inc signature matched interior etc

Go drive one.. although it might hurt your wallet

On holiday for the past two weeks so no more miles but I managed to hit 750 in two weeks to run it in before I went, I fly home Friday and first service on Saturday so from then I can wind up the supercharged over 4K rpm red lines @ 7500rpm(sucks running in!) can’t wait !

It’s definitely more my cup of tea and I want to drive this one and squeeze in a few cheeky track days with lotus on track . Lots of info on Seloc.org (my other favourite waste of time) ..

I won’t spam this thread but
Lots of pictures on my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/zippster/
The day before I went away
662D2A7F 1570 4363 85FB C4EE832AD481 1F8827BE B78D 41F2 AD37 709B63770A50 8372670D DB20 40D3 9302 7AF64106075E 4992958C 8E15 4085 A7C8 BE444F45310D

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, jimojameso, TYb and 2 others
Seats look a bit mad!

TX.

Seats look a bit mad!

TX.

Full carbon bucket with some token padding actually amazingly comfy , went to Devon to see my parents a couple of weeks ago and super comfy! (And I’m 6ft1)

Reactions: Terminator x
Full carbon bucket with some token padding actually amazingly comfy , went to Devon to see my parents a couple of weeks ago and super comfy! (And I’m 6ft1)
I’d love one. But I’d need another daily driver and it starts to get expensive!

I’d love one. But I’d need another daily driver and it starts to get expensive!

I will have to take it to my office in Bristol once a month (160 mile around trip) but I will take the back roads rather than motorway for a little more fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimojameso
Nice Elise, I made the mistake of testing a 350 sport on Saturday.

The M2 is now for sale.....

Reactions: FBF01, jimojameso, DW81 and 4 others
haha bad mistake ! That V6 is a hoon.. where did you go ?

I went to lotus Edinburgh and was out for a solid half hour down some B roads on a good test.

The supercharger whine is addictive to say the least and I found my ears bleeding a bit from the exhaust noise but all good :racer:

I went to lotus Edinburgh and was out for a solid half hour down some B roads on a good test.

The supercharger whine is addictive to say the least and I found my ears bleeding a bit from the exhaust noise but all good :racer:

good man.. I grin every time I drive it.. I've done over 1000 miles since July 6th and ive been away over a month for holidays and work..

alas ./ 1300miles in 11 months with my RS3 ..

Reactions: TerryCTR
Yeah I’ve got to be honest and say that the RS3 didn’t set things on fire for me after owning the M2 but the exige is on another level and when I got back in the M2 after driving the exige it didn’t feel great either!

Hopefully I can get the M2 shifted quickly as Carlisle have a black one I want although they are not budging on price to match elsewhere at this point.

They have a 410 cup sitting there in liquid yellow - what a machine but it’s going way beyond what I’m willing to pay for what already is an expensive toy.