Help with water mark removal.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon chaps, I was going to put this in detailing but decided this section may be slightly faster with replies.
Anyway, I have today commited a cardinal sin, well in my book that is.
I had my old bus washed in a so called hand car wash centre, I was pushed for time doing it myself due to other commitments and stupidly decided to pull in one local to me and get the old bus washed ,man what a mistake that turned out to be.
Upon getting home the wife said , whats all the white marks on the car, I jumped out and the old bus is covered in water marks, despite them drying it .
The brightwork looks terrible .
I've sorted the paintwork but the marks on door trims ,roof rails etc wont budge.
So before I go out and shoot myself for making such a stupid mistake, what is the approved method to deal with said problem.
I never , ever use these places and the one time I do, it all goes tits up...

Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp me.

rob

Afternoon chaps, I was going to put this in detailing but decided this section may be slightly faster with replies.
Anyway, I have today commited a cardinal sin, well in my book that is.
I had my old bus washed in a so called hand car wash centre, I was pushed for time doing it myself due to other commitments and stupidly decided to pull in one local to me and get the old bus washed ,man what a mistake that turned out to be.
Upon getting home the wife said , whats all the white marks on the car, I jumped out and the old bus is covered in water marks, despite them drying it .
The brightwork looks terrible .
I've sorted the paintwork but the marks on door trims ,roof rails etc wont budge.
So before I go out and shoot myself for making such a stupid mistake, what is the approved method to deal with said problem.
I never , ever use these places and the one time I do, it all goes tits up...

Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp me.

rob

Did you try using an APC on them. I'd try something as simple as Megs APC followed by a pre-cleanser fluid and then a QD etc. Should sort it out.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Scotty75
Something like CarPro Perl should sort that out mate

Reactions: Charlie Farley
If you're referring to plastic trims that is

It's all the chrome and ally finish parts.
window surrounds roof rails etc.
Its not a new bus but touch wood I've kept it free from water marks thus far, well until now that is.

Reactions: Scotty75
The price you pay for going v to the Scar Wash mate

Reactions: daytonamart, Charlie Farley and V6_Man
Perl for the plastics and rubber , QD Spray for the chrome etc.should be good

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Farley and V6_Man
Did you try using an APC on them. I'd try something as simple as Megs APC followed by a pre-cleanser fluid and then a QD etc. Should sort it out.

whats APC and QD then chaps, just so I know what to be buying.

whats APC and QD then chaps, just so I know what to be buying.

As simple as Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner or something similar like Bilt Hamber Surfex HD but diluted. Any QD to be honest. Again, Sonax BSD, Done & Dusted or any wax you have. Clean with the APC and coat with QD/Wax.

cheers chaps :icon thumright:, very appreciated and I wont need to shoot myself now either:yes:

Reactions: Scotty75 and V6_Man