38k S Tronic Service

A4 SJC

Reaction score
My 2017 190 TDI S Tronic is coming up on 38k miles and is due it’s gearbox service

Can anyone let me know exactly what is needed in terms of oils, filters etc for this? There are a lot of different opinions out there as to what’s needed

Cheers!

I took mine to Audi and from memory was around £300. I think the types of oil that is used which is quite expensive which is reflected in the cost. I am not aware of any filters that need to be changed but could be wrong. I think you could take to independent garage and probably offer a similar service.

My 2017 190 TDI S Tronic is coming up on 38k miles and is due it’s gearbox service

Can anyone let me know exactly what is needed in terms of oils, filters etc for this? There are a lot of different opinions out there as to what’s needed

Cheers!
My dealer did it for £218. From memory the invoice said s tronic filter and oil.

I compared other independent options and price was about the same.

The number of serviceable items required will vary from the version of which gearbox is fitted, thus there might be differences between the one fitted to my car and, say, a 2.0l tdi quattro. They will also vary between the different models, from a A3 to an A4, for example, where the gearbox versions are not only different but also mounted in a different way, longitudinal versus transverse.
Thus when looking on the internet it is important to find the correct gearbox and when just browsing this might be the reason for the variations...

I have my mechanic lined up to do it, but want to know what oil I need and how much

Seems very difficult to actually pin this information down!

Have you spoken to your local dealership parts department? If you give them your reg they should be able to identify the list of parts you need.

A quick update;

My mechanic checked with his supplier who had no idea initially what was needed, but settled on DSG fluid (quantity TBC) and 2 different filters

My local Audi dealer parts department reckon I need 4 litres of oil and 2 sump plugs. No mention of filters and a bill for £112

The service department reckon it needs oil and filters changed and want £233

So now, as you can probably guess, I am royally confused!

Mine was £225. Items listed on the invoice are "AG 055 529 A2 - Gear Oil - qty 4.0" and "A4M0 819 439 A - Filter Ins - qty 1.0" and a labour line. Hope this helps

Reactions: A4 SJC
Mine was £225. Items listed on the invoice are "AG 055 529 A2 - Gear Oil - qty 4.0" and "A4M0 819 439 A - Filter Ins - qty 1.0" and a labour line. Hope this helps

Would the Quattro 7-speed box differ from the non-Quattro box?

If not, this is pretty much what I'm looking for

Probably as the casing may well be larger. It is dependent upon the model number of the gearbox itself really as previously stated...