Help need a new clutch

Nosh

Reaction score
Hi guys I need advice on a new clutch for my Audi a4 2.0tfsi quattro dynamik 6 speed manual. I've got revo stage 1 recently and am now noticing slip at high revs and a burning smell. Now I've looked at the forums and am confused with do I get a sachs or go to apr or any other brand and do I need a new fly wheel.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi when a changed the clutch on my b7 2.0 TDI quattro 6 speed a also changed the dual mass flywheel at the same time .saves time and hassle at a later date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with @jnr170 while the box is out change both. It might cost more now but will save you labour costs at a later date. It will also give you more options when choosing with make to go with as they aren't interchangeable (Sachs clutch wont fit on a LUK flywheel etc)

I agree with @jnr170 while the box is out change both. It might cost more now but will save you labour costs at a later date. It will also give you more options when choosing with make to go with as they aren't interchangeable (Sachs clutch wont fit on a LUK flywheel etc)
Any recommendations on a suitable clutch for a stage 1 mode, might go stage 2 in the future.

I need a new clutch too, I think, and may get a remap. Does anyone have any experience, advice?

I need a new clutch too, I think, and may get a remap. Does anyone have any experience, advice?
What remap are you looking at. Is your clutch on the way out already.
I went for a Revo stage 1 and it killed the clutch in a few weeks. I guess the clutch was on the way out any way.
I had to order a Sachs zf clutch and flywheel from Germany to handle the extra power as a stock clutch won't take more than 260bhp (so I was told) but I've done some reading and some people say as long as you don't go around thrashing the engine than a stock clutch should cope with the extra torque.

Last edited: