Help Please Auto start stop / reason codes

dizzly

Reaction score
Hello

My auto start stop is not working anymore. I get the A crossed over.

What tool do I need to read the reasons why it's not working? Would a cheap carista do the job or do I need vcd?

Thanks!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

When did it last work?

Sometimes mine doesn't work for seemingly unknown reasons, here is a list of what can cause it not to.

The start-stop function only works when...

the driver's door and the bonnet are closed
the driver is wearing a seat belt
the vehicle has been driven at faster than 4km/h before stopping
the vehicle is not pulling a trailer

In some cases the engine will not be switched off, for instance when...

the engine temperature is still too low
the difference between the interior temperature and the temperature selected via the air conditioning system is still too great
the outside temperature is very high or very low
the windscreen is being de-iced
the optional parking aid or the optional park assist is activated
the battery charge is too low
the steering wheel is at a sharp angle or is being turned
reverse gear is engaged
the road is steep

Thanks. Yes I am familiar with the reasons it may cause them not to work. I've also heard of a barometric sensor or something.

Before it was working normally, not engaging everytime, but on a reasonably basis. Now it won't do it at all. In one occasion I had a system failure message, so there's definitely something playing up.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Well Carista will reveal any logged fault codes, a DMM will tell you how the complete charging system and battery are behaving.

You can deactivate start stop with carista app like I have only works now when I turn it on which is never. . . .

Reactions: jdp1962
As mentioned above, if you hook it up to find out what fault codes are there it will save a lot of the guess work.
Mine didn't work since I bought the car (2nd hand of course) so I hooked mine up & a few codes were thrown up including the Glow Plugs (which I thought was going to be the root cause), but actually turned out to be that the timing was out ever so slightly (1/2 a tooth according to the garage). When this was fixed, the stop/start began to work as it normally should & has been fine ever since.

Reactions: dizzly