Can you fit the FL cluster on a PFL vehicle?

Fraysa

Reaction score
I want to retrofit a new stalk cluster for my 8V PFL because I’m at the process of retrofitting cruise control and I thought I might as well use the one from the FL version which is much more firm and also has automatic wiper (the variation I need).

Does anyone know if you can fit the FL on the PFL?

Already a discussion on that in another thread of yours and more likely to get a response there, rather than start a new one.

BTW the PFL stalks had intermittent wiper adjustment via a lever on the top of the wiper stalk for cars with relevant options and PFL stalks feel a more sturdy design than FL.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/did-the-steering-wheel-stalk-arm-change-during-fl.396439/

Doesn’t answer my question + nothing wrong with a new thread, don’t feel like bumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise control comes as a kit which includes:

1) A new set of stalks
2) A software licence and activation pack

You cannot order number 2 on its own and the activation would probably fail if the correct parts for your vehicle are not fitted.

Agree with @JohnM100 in that you do seem to start a lot of unnecessary duplicate threads here. Makes it difficult for people to search and indeed for people to help.

Cruise control comes as a kit which includes:

1) A new set of stalks
2) A software licence and activation pack

You cannot order number 2 on its own and the activation would probably fail if the correct parts for your vehicle are not fitted.

Agree with @JohnM100 in that you do seem to start a lot of unnecessary duplicate threads here. Makes it difficult for people to search and indeed for people to help.

1. That’s why I asked if the part will fit or no. Already activated cruise, only need the stalk and coding needed.

2. If there’s a problem with my threads you may report them or leave it for the kids to deal with. The threads are two different things plus it’s illegal to bump old threads.

Please stay on subject mate. Off topicing is also illegal.

1. That’s why I asked if the part will fit or no. Already activated cruise, only need the stalk and coding needed.

2. If there’s a problem with my threads you may report them or leave it for the kids to deal with. The threads are two different things plus it’s illegal to bump old threads.

Further up the thread you stated that you are in the process of activating cruise control but hey I guess your activation was mentioned in another thread about the same subject. If you indeed now have CC activated and you want to change your PFL stalks to FL ones the parts may actually work. Have never tested this myself but I honestly cannot see any issues post activation. You mention coding... why would it need coding? If you are swapping PFL to FL parts it’s either gonna work or not, and if not then it could be wiring related. Your only changing stalks and not the actually control module.

Further up the thread you stated that you are in the process of activating cruise control but hey I guess your activation was mentioned in another thread about the same subject. If you indeed now have CC activated and you want to change your PFL stalks to FL ones the parts may actually work. Have never tested this myself but I honestly cannot see any issues post activation. You mention coding... why would it need coding? If you are swapping PFL to FL parts it’s either gonna work or not, and if not then it could be wiring related. Your only changing stalks and not the actually control module.

I meant coding the CCS itself. I only got it activated while I was getting Drive Select activated.

I meant coding the CCS itself. I only got it activated while I was getting Drive Select activated.

Apologies but this make no sense. You had cruise control activated already while activating drive select, fair enough however in order to activate CCS you would have needed to purchase a licence and activation document which only comes supplied with genuine stalks in order to complete the online coding and activation process, which is automated and requires no further manual coding...

Apologies but this make no sense. You had cruise control activated already while activating drive select, fair enough however in order to activate CCS you would have needed to purchase a licence and activation document which only comes supplied with genuine stalks in order to complete the online coding and activation process, which is automated and requires no further manual coding...

The guy who did the activation has codes without the stalks, not sure how he gets them.

As for coding I meant enabling the required adaptions/coding in 09, etc.

So you think stalk would work?

Ah, so it was a “hacktivation”.

Well a genuine SVM “activation” is, in basic terms, a process that amongst other things completes all and any needed coding, adaptation and parameterisations automatically.

Ah, so it was a “hacktivation”.

Well a genuine SVM “activation” is, in basic terms, a process that amongst other things completes all and any needed coding, adaptation and parameterisations automatically.

Makes sense.

Makes sense.
Well if your hacker did not complete all the needed steps good luck getting this to work as you need:

-Coding changes within control modules 01, 03, 09 and 17.
-Adaptation changes within 01, 09, 17 and 19.
-Parameterisations to 09, 17 and 19.

Well if your hacker did not complete all the needed steps good luck getting this to work as you need:

-Coding changes within control modules 01, 03, 09 and 17.
-Adaptation changes within 01, 09, 17 and 19.
-Parameterisations to 09, 17 and 19.

I still don’t know as I don’t have the stalk yet but he just merely activated the feature I’m guessing just FSC activated and not coding.

I still don’t know as I don’t have the stalk yet but he just merely activated the feature I’m guessing just FSC activated and not coding.

Dropping out of the conversation at this point. Good luck.

Since I know the rules better than you I will tell you how it is, you repeatedly start multiple threads, please start only 1 per subject/topic. Next point, it’s not illegal to bump threads if there is a relevant reason to do so. Also please try be respectful to other members on the forum.

Dropping out of the conversation at this point. Good luck.

I don’t really care as longer as this works. Drive select worked fine, this should too :). If you didn’t refuse to offer coding services for people who are willing to pay I wouldn’t bother with h4x0rs.

I don’t really care as longer as this works. Drive select worked fine, this should too :). If you didn’t refuse to offer coding services for people who are willing to pay I wouldn’t bother with h4x0rs.

I declined to offer you my services, and I really don’t know how to put this any other way, because your attitude just stinks.... and there are plenty of companies out there who offer legitimate “online coding” which you could have used instead of hackers so don’t even go there. I just hope you hacker knew what he was doing as Drive Select is one thing but Cruise Control is very different. Personally I would not want a feature which is designed to keep a vehicle at speed and then disengage on user intervention activated by anything other than an official source, and using brand new parts, incase it failed and caused an accident or much much worse.

Reactions: JohnM100 and Adam14
I declined to offer you my services, and I really don’t know how to put this any other way, because your attitude just stinks.... and there are plenty of companies out there who offer legitimate “online coding” which you could have used instead of hackers so don’t even go there. I just hope you hacker knew what he was doing as Drive Select is one thing but Cruise Control is very different. Personally I would not want a feature which is designed to keep a vehicle at speed and then disengage on user intervention activated by anything other than an official source, and using brand new parts, incase it failed and caused an accident or much much worse.

You decided to judge me first because you feared I’d take your work. All you experienced retrofitters are a closed network and if someone is a little bit of a treat you mark them, same thing happened to me with a know guy in my country you know of.

It’s ok, I can deal without your help. Thanks for your help so far and good luck with your work.

You decided to judge me first because you feared I’d take your work. All you experienced retrofitters are a closed network and if someone is a little bit of a treat you mark them, same thing happened to me with a know guy in my country you know of.

It’s ok, I can deal without your help. Thanks for your help so far and good luck with your work.

No no no, you are very wrong and apologies if I gave you that impression... really I am sorry. I actually formed my opinion based on how you communicated with me... like a *****! Simple, nothing more, nothing less otherwise you would have had my attention, my help and my services.

No no no, you are very wrong and apologies if I gave you that impression... really I am sorry. I actually formed my opinion based on how you communicated with me... like a *****! Simple, nothing more, nothing less otherwise you would have had my attention, my help and my services.

Okay, then I’m sorry too and hopefully you can forgive me one day. I only acted based on the impression I received. Anyways I truly do appreciate your help so far and hopefully we can work things out in the future. Cheers and apologies.