What`s the con?

the phone's crap - and the company will prob go bust after 11 months and u'll get nothing back.

Call me sceptical....

No con. They're banking on you not remembering or nor bothering to send in all your bills every 3 months. Also, they get "rewarded" by Orange for each new customer they sign-up, and get a "bonus" for x number of new customers. These "rewards" and "bonuses" cover the cost of your line rental.

i'd be a bit wary. i know a number of people who bought offers like this with 3, the company which did the claim back offers went bust and therefore they're having to pay the full rental for the contract.......the phone company 3 say they cant do anything about it and legally you have to pay the rental otherwise they threaten to take you to court.....

I've used these deals for 3 years now and I've had either no line rental or only paid about £30 for an entire year. As people have said, the companies bank on you forgetting to send stuff in - but if you remember to do it (schedule a reminder in Outlook) and send it recorded delivery so you know it got there.

If you are worried about the company running the deal, try www.e2save.co.uk. They are owned by carphone warehouse who are unlikely to go bust.

I used http://www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/ a while back to get a contract phone with similar cash back offer - they were a nightmare.
They count on you not remebering to send the cash back claims forms back in and for them not to be completed correctly.
The initial cash back on my offer was the the biggest of the 4 and they were suposed to send it automatically after 30 days.
It took over 6mths to get the money off them. I chased, phoned, emailed and sent leters in the post recorded deliver complaining about them. In the great scheme of things the money owed wasnt huge but i chased it due to the principle of the matter - only after i spoke to trading standards did i get the money owed to me. They told me some legal jargon to put into the letter, as if by magic i received the money within 3 days.

The only other thing i would point out is that the tarrifs are rubbish - especially considering ur not asking for a good phone for free, so u really do need to make sure u arent gonna pay line rental on them otherwise ud be better going direct to o2 and gettin 300 mins and 1000 txts with a decent phone for about £30 a month