3.0TdiV6 Fuel quality?

Mikro

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone with more experience than me of the A4 (B8) 3.0Tdi V6 know if it can be a bit picky when it comes to diesel that it is filled up with.

The last tank of normal Shell diesel I filled it with seems to make the car feel a bit flat.

I'm still getting to know the car but there is a marked difference, it could also be that I have developed a fault around the same time as well too.

I've noticed different power levels depending on where I fill my Q7 TDI up

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll have to keep an eye on it, seems to be too much of a difference for me like.

I've came from having 2.5dci pathfinders where fuel doesn't seem to make any difference.

Knowing me, i'll end up looking at EGR, Fuel filter and air filters pretty sharpish.

From my experience filling up with anything other than Shell or BP the car feels flat. It could be in my head though I haven't actually done any logs to verify my claims.

I've just popped out in it there, could tell it was back on form, took it easy until engine warm, hoofed it and it is back to normal.

Nothing has changed since yesterday, same tank of fuel, no warnings on dash.

If i had to descirbe yesterday looking back, I would say it was like the car had forgotten that it had been mapped.

Sounds silly I know but there it is.

I use 2 x fills of Shell Premium diesel followed with 1 x fill of Shell V-Power; perfect for my 326PS Audi SQ5