Anyone trading S3 into Newcastle?

The_Ironist

Reaction score
Just put deposit down on black S3 going into them imminently. I enquired about the condition and they said the current owner was a bit of a cleaning fanatic.

Sounds like a forum member, just wondering if anyone from here.

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
Just put deposit down on black S3 going into them imminently. I enquired about the condition and they said the current owner was a bit of a cleaning fanatic.

Sounds like a forum member, just wondering if anyone from here.
Anyone who owns a black car HAS to be a cleaning fanatic lol :) Mine was a full time job, hence why I'm now in a white car :p

But it did look nice when clean:
IMG_670-large.jpg

Reactions: Sandra and Adam14
Check it thoroughly if it's Lookers. I bought a 19 reg sport back in glacier white 1800 miles on in May. Rejected it due to it needing at least £1500 paint job. Beautiful car on the pics. They had been picky about asking for photos of my 18 reg merc but as I'm into detailing and it only had 4,000 miles on, I was confident it was as described. I even told them in writing that I would take less for mine if it wasn't as immaculate as I had promised when they saw it. When he saw mine on collection day, he agreed it was immaculate. When I collected it, it was raining, really chucking it down and he met me at a different site so he rushed me. I got home and checked around it better. They hadn't prepared it for sale at all. My cars look better than that looked on collection day. I don't know if it's because I'm female but I'm the kind of female who wipes around under the bonnet when washing the car and checks oil etc. The cill had loads of deep scratches that wouldn't polish out, the bumper had scuffs on it and the drivers side had a scratch that had been badly touched up with what looked like tippex. A right bodge job. They hadn't even hoovered under the seats. There were crisps and receipts under them. I didn't get the 149 point check that they are supposed to do and no hpi check. I was told afterwards that it still had finance owing even though I'd paid cash. I took it to a bodyshop and they said the cost would be £1300 just to do some of the paint, not the cill or bumper. The used car sales manager was a right arrogant big head who said I couldn't reject it. I dealt with Audi Uk and they told them to refund me in full. They wouldn't give me my merc back so they made on that but I was just glad to reject their car. Audi Uk told the General manager to deal with me and he said all of the cars in their car park had probably had paint. I rang the dvla to see where my v5 was (as they were with holding part of my money until I returned the v5) and lookers didn't even have the v5! The last owner still had it. The dvla said as I had owned the car, I had to write to them and tell them my dates, address etc. Lookers told me NOT to. So they had the 19 reg back on sale with one owner when it had had at least two. I noticed on this forum the other day that a member on here had rejected one from lookers as well. I wouldn't touch with a bargepole but I can't fault audi uk. They were fabulous. I then bought from Perth Audi and all checks, paperwork and car were spot on.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenL, Scotty Corse, The_Ironist and 1 other person
Thanks for that feedback, that concerns me!

It sounds like you take a similar approach to your car as I do and would have similar expectations.

I live a long way from Newcastle and was already worried about doing the 4 hour drive and finding something like that hence me asking specifically about it and for videos of the car too.

As well as anyone looks after their cars, issues are almost impossible to avoid due to all the other careless jerks out there. I appreciate I’m buying a second hand car but some I’ve seen have been an absolute joke in person despite pictures looking ok.

I can’t understand how people lucky enough to have an S3 would look after them so poorly.

Hmm...wonder if there are any northern forum members out there that would be willing to cast their eye over it for me...?

Last edited:
Anyone who owns a black car HAS to be a cleaning fanatic lol :) Mine was a full time job, hence why I'm now in a white car :p

But it did look nice when clean:
IMG_670-large.jpg

In a mythos black A3 currently and can’t agree more, at the same time can’t bring myself to look at any other colour!

Reactions: S32B
The car I rejected was registered in March and I bought in May, less than 3 months old. I've bought around 25 cars and it was the worst one. Just glad audi uk helped me to reject it.
Lookers said it wasn't a demonstrator when I was buying it and it was a manager's own car. I had spoken to him on the phone and he said he had just had a tracker fitted etc and they really led me to believe it was a one driver car.
When I started to complain, the used car manager said "what do you expect from a demonstrator?". When I said I wanted to reject it, he said you can't. I said I will speak to Audi. He said so will I when I get your complaint. As if he was used to bluffing his way out of it. They lie and then do dishonest things like telling me not to tell dvla I owned the car.

Reactions: KenL and Adam14
Eeek sounds like my worst nightmare. I think it was a demo previously also.

Just read some of their reviews on google...

Doesn’t sound like a dealership I want to do business with.

Maybe I’ll walk away from this one.

Eeek sounds like my worst nightmare. I think it was a demo previously also.

Just read some of their reviews on google...

Doesn’t sound like a dealership I want to do business with.

Maybe I’ll walk away from this one.
I think for the length of your commute I would! I placed a refundable deposit with Lookers up north, was a VW garage I believe in an S5.
Changed my mind after my local Audi done a free history check on it...year old and 30k miles but hadn't had 1 service done!!! Funnily enough asked for my deposit back, tried and tried for 3 weeks. Eventually threatened a chargeback through my credit card and they finally sent it back the next day.

I think there's plenty of S3s about within reason, enough for there to be a similar spec one somewhere! Better safe than sorry!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They do try to keep your deposit. Before I found the sportback, I had paid a deposit on a 19 reg saloon at one of their other sites. It had extremely low miles (a couple of hundred) on the advert but when he sent me the video, the miles were higher, over a thousand. I mentioned it and he said it wouldn't be used again. When he emailed the order confirmation, it showed 3,000 miles.
I decided I didn't want it so chatted to another lookers audi site and they confirmed that the saloon advertised with 200 miles on was an active demonstrator and they said I could move the deposit. When I rang the original site, he wouldn't give me my deposit back. He had taken £1000 and the second lookers site said he should have only taken £500. The second lookers site dealt with it and moved the deposit but he had actually shouted at me because I didn't want the demonstrator and said "so you've got room for 2 s3's on your drive then? As if he was saying I'd got to buy both. Really stroppy. Not a nice experience at all and then I had the hassle with the second lookers site.
Since seeing my s3 saloon I bought from Perth, my partner wants a sportback. We visited a local dealer and he has said they are due a number of 19 reg s3's in and he will let us know when they arrive before Sep when the 69's are out

Walked away.

They advertised as 23k miles and video showed 24.5k.

Pain as spec was what I’m after and the car didn’t look too bad tbh.

Been looking for 6 months...

Thanks TYb but after black saloon for sure.

Reactions: KenL, Adam14 and TYb