LED Replacement or new cluster?

AndrewW

Reaction score
So, I have a single LED out on my rear right inner cluster. From what I've read this means a new cluster is required?!

Unnamed

£70-80 on ebay seems expensive for the sake of an SMD LED but from what I gather they're sealed units and very difficult to service.

Has anyone had any luck DIYing this or should I just bite the bullet and get a new cluster (eventually - not a priority to sort at the moment).

Had same issue on my old 59 plate a4 both inner boot lid had few out.

Bought both second hand fully working units for £35 bit of a gamble but were fine til I sold it think I got them off gumtree.

imo second hand or new units easiest option you could get lucky on Ebay.

That avant is lovely colour :thumbs up:

Had same issue on my old 59 plate a4 both inner boot lid had few out.

Bought both second hand fully working units for £35 bit of a gamble but were fine til I sold it think I got them off gumtree.

imo second hand or new units easiest option you could get lucky on Ebay.

That avant is lovely colour :thumbs up:

Thank you!

Yeah that seems to be the best option, just keep an eye out for a bargain as it's not important, just slightly annoying more than anything.

Once i have a new one fitted I'll probably attempt a DIY on the old one just to see if it's possible. Apparently freezing them makes the plastic weld easy to split! and then epoxy back together once a new SMD LED has been soldered in. But no loss if i end up smashing them to smithereens.