Spark plugs, coil packs, misfires and heat!

I’ve got a spare lambda sensor if you want to try it. (Pre cat sensor)

May possibly have the cat off on the weekend too if all goes to plan.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Yes, full scan and/or an experienced troubleshooter with access to the car.

So far about 37 different parts have been named in this thread as possible or likely culprits. Internet mechanics can be more of a hinderance than help, sometimes.
A proper scan was suggested at the start to be honest, ricky was looking for extra help/ guidance to be honest based on an initial scan , which, proved to be inaccurate as replacemet parts failed to resolve the problem.
Given the unavailability of a full vcds scan until next week it is only fair he wants to try and resolve it asap.

Yes, full scan and/or an experienced troubleshooter with access to the car.

So far about 37 different parts have been named in this thread as possible or likely culprits. Internet mechanics can be more of a hinderance than help, sometimes.

Don't ask people's opinions then? :rockwoot:

I’ve got a spare lambda sensor if you want to try it. (Pre cat sensor)

May possibly have the cat off on the weekend too if all goes to plan.
Thank you ill keep that in mind if I need one when its scanner ill have it off you :)

Shame I don’t live in Gloucester any more, would of scanned it for you. Moved last October to Brackley!

Yeah thats a shame Neil, its just been scanned and had compression test and other bits and bobs, its coming back everything pointing at injector 4 being the culprit! So ill be picking the car up later and having it booked in asap to replace all 4....not what i needed tbh lol at least £700 bill to look forward to...yayyy lol

I had an injector stuck open on a 3.2 fsi, literally clouds of petrol out of the exhaust and you could watch the tank needle dropping.

If you can do the job yourself just get a used set off eBay and send them for cleaning/testing will only be around £200 all in

I’ve got the cat and lambda off and do visit Glos monthly if you do need it

I had an injector stuck open on a 3.2 fsi, literally clouds of petrol out of the exhaust and you could watch the tank needle dropping.

If you can do the job yourself just get a used set off eBay and send them for cleaning/testing will only be around £200 all in

I’ve got the cat and lambda off and do visit Glos monthly if you do need it
Good shout about the refurbing used ones ill have a look see if anywhere locally can do that, as for the cat i think mine has survived as it was hardly used when it started playing up but if for some reason its knackered ill definitely have it off you, thank you.

Good news that you have got it semi sorted Ricky, that's why vcds scans work so well.

good luck with it.

Good news that you have got it semi sorted Ricky, that's why vcds scans work so well.

good luck with it.
Cheers Rob yeah he checked compression and thats all good put a camera down to all cylinders and number 4 was slightly wet and run live data and cylinder 4 flagged up as the culprit again, also did a fuel adaptation and throttle body reset, booked in for next Thursday now to have it sorted.

I've looked at the second hand ones as mentioned but I'm not sure if the special editions have different injectors? I know gmf list two models so I've booked it in to have genuine ones fitted so i don't have to mess around with issues when my cars in bits stuck on a ramp.

Ive got the day off Friday so to cut cost im doing the injectors myself as its easy enough, does anyone know if the injectors need coding in like diesels?

No, as far as I'm aware, the injectors are plug and play

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk