Warning Light help please

rusty1983

Reaction score
Im sure this has come up before so feel free to point me in the right direction...

My MOT is comming up and my airbag light is on. When hooked up to Bosch system analysis thingy it says errors at passenger and driver airbags. Any ideas how I can fix it or quick fixes to make the light go out???

my airbag light is opn, has been on through my past two mots. i dont think it should make a difference. mine is going in for mot on wednesday, and the light is still on, so ill definately find out if things have changed.

mine has just flew through an mot on wednesday and mine has the abs light on. its not a mot requirement just comes up as a advisory.:hubbahubba:

jimya4t said:
mine has just flew through an mot on wednesday and mine has the abs light on. its not a mot requirement just comes up as a advisory.:hubbahubba:

Aren't you worried that the ABS light is on? I'd be getting it fixed a.s.a.p.

jimya4t said:

i beg to differ,
read this from the MOT testers handbook

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_340.htm

"D" refers to an illuminated ABS warning light as a reason for rejection

Good news.. Just wiper blades needed i think then. Thanks guys.

mines going in on wednesday, im crapping it! lol we'll c how much it costs me :(

Not fixed..I assume thats a right **** trying to find a dodgy earth or something. Good news because I thought the airbag light is not a failure, only ABS as above...?

Thats all well and good, but aren't you worried that your airbags are faulty?

I would be. They are there for a reason. All safety systems in a car are designed to act together, so it's no good relying solely on the seat belts.

Dont scare me! I hate airbags I have nightmares about them. If it is broken then thats fine by me. Im from the old school of thought where I dont expect the vehicle to help me in a crash. If it does thats a bonus of course.

mine passed MOT today :) and i also have airbag light on :(

My airbag light only stays on for about 2 minutes of driving then goes off. I just need to fit my rear ABS sensor Which i bought the other day, Does any1 know if its an easy job to fit it??

rusty1983 said:
Dont scare me! I hate airbags I have nightmares about them. If it is broken then thats fine by me. Im from the old school of thought where I dont expect the vehicle to help me in a crash. If it does thats a bonus of course.

I suppose that's fair enough - your life after all.

my last car had a fail on its MOT for ABS light not working, along with everything else...........monet grabbing ba%$@~rds.........

My MOT Passed!!! so happy, jsut needed to replace to the side repeater bulbs, then they put it thru. aws surprised, but its really good, im happy now.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I do need help but not for the warning light. Finally got round to getting it tested at lunch time and I failed on the front brake hoses being excessivly deteriorated.

Got 10 days to get them replaced for free retest.:scared2:

Any ideas where i can get them quickly so I can fit them myself as cant afford garage labour rates at the moment!!!

'98 A4 quattro 2.8

euro car parts will prob be your best bet or just your local car parts shop. the old ones can be a pain to undo though as they corrod and fuse with the caliper a bit

go to gsf, i had to get my brake hose replaced 6 months back, it wasnt expensive at all... i found euro car parts was tho.

Finally passed today..Yey!!! Got the hoses from a place down the road from me... £8 each and had them within the hour. Easy to fit too. MOT centre today he just had a quick look and gave me the cirtificate. BONUS! All good for another year. Probably sell on before then though although she is doing me very well I get easily bored!