Heaters luke warm

HOGG

Reaction score
What could it be?
Ive checked my flaps and they all work as they should.....
It seems no matter the temp i set it above LO is luke warm. Its blows ice cold alright. Just not hot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Check your expansion tank/oil cap for a mayo like substance. I had a head gasket go in an older car of mine and one of the first symptoms was lack of heat through the heaters

Not to worry you, but it’s worth checking just in case

Second thing I checked. All clear on the mayo front

Is your engine temp gauge reading normal to start with?

Yeah. The engine is spot on. I just can't think what would cause it

Air lock in the heater matrix possibly.

what happens when you turn the climate control on and set it to max temp?

First off is the coolant temp sitting at 90 degrees. Then compare the temp of the upper and lower heater matrix pipes. If the upper is hot and the lower is similar temp then that suggests to me a faulty heater flap. If the upper is hot and the lower is cool then that suggests the matrix is blocked.
I had a problem with the heater matrix being blocked and the engine seriously struggled to warm up as well. Thermostat was stuck open.
Forte bio degreaser in the coolant system sorted the thermostat. I can only assume the Forte tak shifted some crud allowing the thermostat to close properly. The engine now warms up very quickly.
The heater matrix was sorted by isolating the matrix and rigging up a 12v pump and using some central heating cleaner.
I'll try and put a link up dude.
Suffice to say the engine now warms up very, very quickly and the heater is toasty!

Good point the upper hose has a bleed hole for letting any air out.
After all the work I did to mine I parked the car on a slope (nose pointing up) and just filled the system. All the air escaped without having to mess about with the upper matrix hose.

It blows warm out the top and foot vents and cold out the middle vents

Oh I forgot you commented on my deep clean process saying it would have been easier to replace the heater matrix! No it wouldn't!
Good luck dude winter is not far away.

Let me rent the kit

Really apologise if im posting in the wrong place, I'm new and it seems relevant.

My econ button doesn't work(activate/light up) and neither does the screen demister button. What can be the cause to this?

My blowers blow hot when I want hot and cold when I want cold.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Further to my luke warm situation. My windscreen blowers do not demist the screen

Yes

Yes

Let me draw your attention to the fact that different motors behind glove box do different things. Check all move and function correctly. I've attached a picture that helps identify which motor does what.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191018-134237_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-134237_eBay.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 87