A3 2.0TDI limp mode with clean turbo vanes

Blatzvid

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Before start talking about the problem, thank you very much for reading this long text and I hope someone can help me and someone who have the same problem.

I have a sportback 2.0tdi bkd from 10/2005 from about 2 years. After a few months, the car went in limp mode in elevation road. After that it became more frequently and not only on ascent roads. It only happens on 6th gear and no engine light on the dash. If I turn the car off and start again it goes back to normal.
My first thought was the turbo vanes so I removed the turbo, open and cleaned it, the vanes included. The turbo was in great shape, just dirty.

At this moment the car was excellent, it was easy to think it was another car, but just lasted 3 months...

So I removed the turbo again and the turbo vanes were dirtier than the last time! After that I put it back, clean of course, and made a test drive. Now the car it fast again like before, but it went to limp mode again at 180kmh or 110mph but only when I stop accelerating ... It did again when ascending a road at about 80km/h or 50mph

So I used vagcom and it showed the fault 16683 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached

I read that it can be the n75 valve and the map sensor, the problem is my can doesn't have a n75 valve but a solenoid box. I think I'll try to replace the map sensor but what can I do about the solenoid box? How can I be sure it works ok?

Check the actuator rod of the turbo, mine had rusted & wouldn't allow free movement back & forth on boost control, also check the solenoid valve block, plus check boost sensor in the intake piping.

The actuator rod is fine, I checked when cleaned the turbo.
Any advice how can I check the solenoid valve block? Im buying the boost sensor anyway

Little update, after I replaced the boost sensor, the car is so far so good, I hope it continues like that

Reactions: aqibi2000