AMI/MMI Cable question

reefer110

Reaction score
I've swapped my car for an older model, this has a port under the armrest for the MMI cable, the question is if I were to get a compatible cable would this allow the transfer of sound from my tomtom sat nav app on the iPhone?

I can connect the phone via Bluetooth and stream music without a problem, but the speed camera warning and voice instructions don't appear to transfer over the BT connection.

The other thing to ask is does the Audi MMI cable allow charging of the phone?

TIA

I have used Bluetooth with the Tom Tom app and I get the alerts whilst playing Spotify.

Have you put the volume up on the alerts on the menu page of the TomTom?

Yes, I made sure it's turned up. Maybe you have a different AMI to my car?

I've just checked the spec and I can't see any mention of special equipment in the audio/comms section.

I had the Tom Tom app on my iPhone in my 2014 A3 which had the basic MMI. Used to have Apple Music playing and alerts would come through fine. I suggest you play with the settings on the Tom Tom app to get it right. It seems like you have them disabled or muted when music is playing.

Was this the current version of the app? There are no such setting on the latest version, I don't think there have been since it had a major revision.

I have a 2014 A3. My wife had a 2016 A1 and that worked the same. Any sound out the phone would be played on the Bluetooth Audio.

TomTom app has a mouth logo which you can press to mute, I had it accidentally clicked for a while myself so maybe it is that. It can be found by pressing the 4 little dots on the bottom left then the logo 2nd from the bottom right.