A6 35TDI MHEV

It's a very mild HHEV with smart stop stop and regeneration only I think...

I posted previously about the underpowered A6 units. This engine was fine in an A3 rental in Germany - in fact I enjoyed driving it. However when I recently picked up an A6 avant rental for 2 days, I thought it was malfunctioning and stopped at a services. Whilst I carefully check hire cars on collection, I must have assumed the 35 was 45. Crumbs, I’m not impressed with the 2.0 TDI units that make their way to the UK but this is absolutely woeful and tedious to drive, especially in urban traffic as it is reluctant to pull away.

I posted previously about the underpowered A6 units. This engine was fine in an A3 rental in Germany - in fact I enjoyed driving it. However when I recently picked up an A6 avant rental for 2 days, I thought it was malfunctioning and stopped at a services. Whilst I carefully check hire cars on collection, I must have assumed the 35 was 45. Crumbs, I’m not impressed with the 2.0 TDI units that make their way to the UK but this is absolutely woeful and tedious to drive, especially in urban traffic as it is reluctant to pull away.

I can definitely imagine that being a right pain - I couldn’t live with having roughly 1800kg of car being pulled with such little power. On the plus side, the 35 hasn’t made it to our shores.