Faulty passenger side mirror

retrofix

Reaction score
My passenger side mirror on my 2012 C7 sometimes does not fold at all, sometimes it does just fine. It has it's "days". When the mirror doesn't fold, the adjustment also doesn't work or it's super slow.

Do you think it's the motor fault (which means replacing the whole mirror) or can it be fixed somehow?

I've used VCDS to read the errors and this is what I got:

01482 - Motors for Central Locking; Short to Ground
02117 - Motor for Mirror Folding; Short to Ground
02115 - Locking Unit for Central Locking; Implausible Signal

My passenger side mirror on my 2012 C7 sometimes does not fold at all, sometimes it does just fine. It has it's "days". When the mirror doesn't fold, the adjustment also doesn't work or it's super slow.

Do you think it's the motor fault (which means replacing the whole mirror) or can it be fixed somehow?

I've used VCDS to read the errors and this is what I got:

01482 - Motors for Central Locking; Short to Ground
02117 - Motor for Mirror Folding; Short to Ground
02115 - Locking Unit for Central Locking; Implausible Signal
Would be nice to see a full and unedited scan for context but on the face of it you have a possible folding motor issue or wiring issue.

Would be nice to see a full and unedited scan for context but on the face of it you have a possible folding motor issue or wiring issue.

I dissembled the mirror housing and found out the motor for the folding mechanism had a torn wire and the connector for it had corrosion. I ended up cutting the connector and soldering the wires directly, works perfectly.

Thanks.

Reactions: DJAlix