Rear brakes upgrade

davsin

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got the car through the MOT and rear discs are a advisory.

Asking the question if fitting rear vented discs or drilled/grooved ones make a difference with better than stock pads.

I have had the exhaust system fully replaced with a 2.75 inch pipe including a sports CAT and the car remapped to 271 ponnies, I planned to upgrade the discs but would the rear of the car benefit from a disc and pad upgrade.

Cheers for reading.

S3 already has vented discs and they do little of anything braking wise... I replaced mine when I first got my car and only replaced them recently some 10yrs on... bare in mind I have uprated fronts with AP 4 pots and 335mm 2 piece discs on a car running over 600hp (well was at the time at least :) ) the rears contributed very little due to the way they are biased out the factory...

I would buy just standard discs and pads... Pagid are generally the best value ones imo and is what I use as a rule

<tuffty/>

Reactions: davsin
You can run upgrade brakes pads on OEM discs(or ' upgrade' OEM size discs, like Zimmermann), but if you want to put in vented discs, you also need the appropiate calipers and caliper carriers!
But you may already know this: braking is mainly done at the front of the car, so first make sure the front brakes are specced enough, before thinking of needing to upgrade the rears!

I fitted Mintex M1144 which I also have at the front in my LCR brakes. I have dimpled and grooved rear brakes as seen here: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-ming-blue-s3.377094/page-2

As above, the rears don’t do much though, I just wanted them to match the front setup. As Paul says, pagid disks always look good as they are protected from rust around the hub area as standard.

Have a look on the mtec website, not so much as updated, but sportier looking

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk