200 cell sports cat

RS3 FUN

Reaction score
Has any one got a tuned Rs3 FL 8V.2 with sports cat and down pipe fitted and I already have my car tuned with Map, intake pipe turbo pipe.My questions questions are the following
What is the sound difference with the sports cat and down pipe fitted compared to standard.

Was there much performance gain compared to standard.

Significant increase in sound with a DP but only negligible gains in power. You will need get a remap to utilise the addition of a DP but even then the gains are low.
The sports cat will minimise wastegate rattle unlike running a decat DP.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have the Scorpion 'sports' decats and DP. To be honest, I think the sound is more noticeable than standard, but possibly a bit tinny alongside the Miltek. I do not know how much extra power the DP and cats will give on their own as I installed them as a package with an air intack, intercooler and fuel valve.
If you asked if the DP and cats are worth the money, I'd say probably not!

Is it an off the shelf map or custom mapped, and was it done with the intake on the car? The difference can be quite substantial, but it does depend on your starting point, and will always be diminishing.

Figures tend to be around 500PS with just a remap, 520PS with the intake mods mapped to suit, 540PS with an added downpipe and mapped accordingly.

I have no regrets, the car felt alot faster and more responsive, and sounded better in mid/high RPMs when I added the downpipe and flashed to stage 2. I run the integrated engineering downpipe with 200-cell, and those that have done the same find removing the cat significantly increases wastegate rattle but also reduces the 'good' noise a little. Personally, I'm keeping it on.

I had the car custom mapped at Mrc and my power figure are 497 ps 697 nm and I am looking to add the 200 cell cat down pipe.