Carwow drag race s3/a35/r/135

Trumpsz

Reaction score

whats everyones thoughts on the latest drag race the time difference between the saloon and and the yellow sportback from the previous video surely means the car was tuned or is WTLP partly to blame ?

Good vid, but the conclusion?

All 4 cars are about even. Only difference on a drag strip is driver reaction. Only difference on the road is driver skill / stupidity.

Audi best looking. BMW worst looking.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, JohnM100 and pburv
What's your money on for the Audi SQ2 vs Merc-AMG A35 vs VW Golf R vs Cupra Ateca????

Reactions: pburv
What's your money on for the Audi SQ2 vs Merc-AMG A35 vs VW Golf R vs Cupra Ateca????

Then just wait for the RSQ3 to come out.

I configured one yesterday. Daytona Grey in Vorsprung trim. Dare I day I think it looks good?

Only niggle was the £60k price tag. But for an all weather, all purpose car, I'm really warming to it.

Reactions: pburv and S32B
They are all so close, I don’t think anyone is going to really get bragging rights about having the fastest.

Would be interesting to see how they all do in proper rain too.

Audi won brake test both times. Did they all have fresh tires though?? How technical was it.

Realistically they are all almost identical so you’re picking your favourite looks/interior/drive.

Having not driven the others definitely prefer the look and interior of the S3 over the others, so much so that a better driving experience wouldn’t sway my decision.

Reactions: mve7 and pburv
Then just wait for the RSQ3 to come out.

I configured one yesterday. Daytona Grey in Vorsprung trim. Dare I day I think it looks good?

Only niggle was the £60k price tag. But for an all weather, all purpose car, I'm really warming to it.
Seen one for sale in Nardo and ceramics! Looks great tbf.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Where at? Didn't think these were on sale till next year? Press release was just the other week.
Basingstoke Audi showroom. May be a demo tbf.

TX.

fb42f128a6cbaa3d871ea50f915ad3d0.jpg
77722d62bc1121dd6acac928991b2a77.jpg
13f2d0908bc43fa6e1244696c1e38466.jpg

Reactions: Bryant1998, BarryG79 and wab172uk
Might just be me but I think that is awful.
I drove a regular Q2 recently as it was very poor, bland and very few positives. OK the RS version will be as fast as you ever need to go but ceramics,seriously!

But hey free market and all that, you like it you buy, I don't so won't :)

Reactions: KenL
Basingstoke Audi showroom. May be a demo tbf.

TX.

fb42f128a6cbaa3d871ea50f915ad3d0.jpg
77722d62bc1121dd6acac928991b2a77.jpg
13f2d0908bc43fa6e1244696c1e38466.jpg

Thanks. Might be worth giving my local dealer a ring then. See when they're getting one in. Just interested to see one in the flesh and a test drive if possible.

Might just be me but I think that is awful.
I drove a regular Q2 recently as it was very poor, bland and very few positives. OK the RS version will be as fast as you ever need to go but ceramics,seriously!

But hey free market and all that, you like it you buy, I don't so won't :)

I don’t believe there is an RS Q2? This is the RS Q3.

But I agree about the Q2, I had one as a courtesy car and it was dreadful to drive.

But I agree about the Q2, I had one as a courtesy car and it was dreadful to drive.
Mate of mine is looking at the SQ2, wonder if that is better?!?! I do like the look of the BE SQ2 tbh.

Mate of mine is looking at the SQ2, wonder if that is better?!?! I do like the look of the BE SQ2 tbh.

I’d hope it was better to drive, the one I had was a 1L manual so particularly crap.

The BE Q2s do look really good but they’re crazy money

Reactions: S32B
The BE Q2s do look really good but they’re crazy money

I just got a quote off carwow for one with no options, £32,500, then used those figures with a £2k deposit on the Audi site, over 36 months and 5,000 mile it came in at just under £390 per month. I did another quote with 8,000 mile, but it works out cheaper to do 5,000 and then if you do 8,000 pay the extra pence per mile for the 3,000 mile over!!! :blink:

Just sent the info to my mate to look at :)

What’s the GFV on that? I’m paying £350 for my S5 and that’s 12k per year
Final payment is £21,735 with a starting to credit price of £30,485 He's just said he'd take it on pcp to get the full discount and then pay it off after a month or two. So if he could sell it in 3 years for £21,735 it will have cost him 2k deposit and £8,750 over the 3 years in depreciation = £10,750 so about £300 per month...not bad!

£350 for your S5, did you put a big deposit down? That's less than my A5 coupe!

Reactions: Jonnie and The_Ironist

£5k deposit so not massive and a gfv of £14k. A5s were more expensive when I looked too which is why I ended up with the S5. Although the running costs have been mental.

I’m keeping a running tally at the moment and it’s slightly sickening compared to my old A3.

Reactions: S32B
Final payment is £21,735 with a starting to credit price of £30,485 He's just said he'd take it on pcp to get the full discount and then pay it off after a month or two. So if he could sell it in 3 years for £21,735 it will have cost him 2k deposit and £8,750 over the 3 years in depreciation = £10,750 so about £300 per month...not bad!

Are you not meant to pay it off within 2 weeks to avoid all I interest charges?

£5k deposit so not massive and a gfv of £14k. A5s were more expensive when I looked too which is why I ended up with the S5. Although the running costs have been mental.

I’m keeping a running tally at the moment and it’s slightly sickening compared to my old A3.

5k down on a PCP is massive. No point quoting you monthly cost if you put that much cash in. At least you are avoiding Audi's stupid interest rates.

5k down on a PCP is massive. No point quoting you monthly cost if you put that much cash in. At least you are avoiding Audi's stupid interest rates.

A £5.6k deposit is what Audi quotes on an A5 35 TFSI, + their £5k contribution and you’re still paying £379 a month

Are you not meant to pay it off within 2 weeks to avoid all I interest charges?
Not sure mate, he's looking into it.

Interest rates are daft with Audi, you can get 2.9% APR for up to £25,000 with Sainsburys!

A £5.6k deposit is what Audi quotes on an A5 35 TFSI, + their £5k contribution and you’re still paying £379 a month
I got the A5 coupe 2.0 s-line, s-tronic with a few options, £1,000 off me and £388 per month over a 36 month pcp. Same car again with the same term, deposit, discount etc is over £100 per month more! I've got about 6 months to decide what to do!!!

Reactions: Jonnie
I got the A5 coupe 2.0 s-line, s-tronic with a few options, £1,000 off me and £388 per month over a 36 month pcp. Same car again with the same term, deposit, discount etc is over £100 per month more! I've got about 6 months to decide what to do!!!

That’s mental. Are you set on getting a brand new car?

Could get yourself a lightly used S5 for that much :whistle2:

That’s mental. Are you set on getting a brand new car?

Could get yourself a lightly used S5 for that much :whistle2:
Not sure what to do mate, looking to downsize as I'm now doing under 4,000 mile per year. The car hasn't moved since Thursday evening! Walk, lifts or taxi's these days!

I've looked at all options and there isn't much in it at the end pcp, lease, buy/sell...I want something smaller, cheaper but still fun...couldn't go basic.

Not sure what to do mate, looking to downsize as I'm now doing under 4,000 mile per year. The car hasn't moved since Thursday evening! Walk, lifts or taxi's these days!

I've looked at all options and there isn't much in it at the end pcp, lease, buy/sell...I want something smaller, cheaper but still fun...couldn't go basic.

A3 S Line/BE?

the Yellow s3 wasn't tuned... it was a s3 without opf

Here a video of a stock s3 without opf and he does the 1/4 mile in 12,6 sec...

Sometimes I got the feeling that the dude from carwow just hate audi's...

Reactions: Bryant1998