Fun car ideas?

I remember reading it was a technical problem combining X drive and RHD on the old 140.
Ah really, surprised really bet it would’ve been a big seller in the UK if it had 4 wheel drive

Thing is it was I believe, just never brought to UK markets for some reason

You’re right actually, I’ve seen something on the internet regarding it ages ago.

Reactions: Bells
bet it would’ve been a big seller in the UK if it had 4 wheel drive

I test drove an M140 before I got my A3. Lovely engine, but interior felt a bit old as did going back to a manual handbrake, and I just felt it would be too much of a handful in wet/icy/snowy conditions. New one solves that but then looses that great engine.

Reactions: Bells
I test drove an M140 before I got my A3. Lovely engine, but interior felt a bit old as did going back to a manual handbrake, and I just felt it would be too much of a handful in wet/icy/snowy conditions. New one solves that but then looses that great engine.

I like the interior however it is becoming dated, that said the A3 is if you ask me.

Handbrake 100% with you, always forget to put it on when coming out of the Mrs 1 series, luckily it's auto (has a park button on the shifter) so it hasn't ended up through the living room window (yet).

I like the interior however it is becoming dated, that said the A3 is if you ask me.

Handbrake 100% with you, always forget to put it on when coming out of the Mrs 1 series, luckily it's auto (has a park button on the shifter) so it hasn't ended up through the living room window (yet).
I think if you’ve got the FL with virtual cockpit the A3 interior still looks pretty modern. I sat in the new Q3 the other day and apart from the slightly updated version of MMI there wasn’t much difference, and that’s without mentioning the amount of scratchy plastics they are now using, build quality has definitely got worse, yet they are charging even more money :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: KenL
I think if you’ve got the FL with virtual cockpit the A3 interior still looks pretty modern. I sat in the new Q3 the other day and apart from the slightly updated version of MMI there wasn’t much difference, and that’s without mentioning the amount of scratchy plastics they are now using, build quality has definitely got worse, yet they are charging even more money :tearsofjoy:

You've just hit the nail on the head there, put the virtual cockpit in and it makes it more modern, i do have the facelift with plenty of options but no VC.

I had a nosey in an A1 the other week at Leeds Audi, just being curious like, i have seen some people on here slating the plastics too.. looks like it's standard procedure in all the new models now, the new A3 will follow suit, no doubt.

99.9% certain it's BMW for me next either a 2 series gran coupe or the 1 series.

Reactions: KenL and Bells
the depreciation will drop like a bomb as the TT is being discontinued after this year.

I would have thought that would help depreciation when you can't get one new. Supply and demand and all that.

I would have thought that would help depreciation when you can't get one new. Supply and demand and all that.

People generally don't want an older model or something which has been discontinued, it wouldn't actually bother me like, but peoples minds an all that..

Yeah I saw that a few weeks back, but I think if I went TT I'd want quattro. And I think I may be done with Audi and their rip of servicing, extended warranty that they try to get out of.

Nice car, if bothered though the depreciation will drop like a bomb as the TT is being discontinued after this year.

Lovely colour.

Yeah I thought that and that's why I looked at them, but then you think they are stopping them because nobody is buying them...so it could go either way!

Just go and get the RF!!! ;-)

Reactions: S32B