****** pothole!!

jebusRS

Reaction score
Hit a pothole today and burst the side wall of the front passenger tyre :cry: thankfully the alloy looks ok. Audi assist were useless, phoned at 12 and told someone would be with me between 2pm and 3pm to try and pump the tyre up, told them no point as i had already taken it to a place 1000 yards along the road and the side was split and wouldnt hold air, it was just ******* out. Its procedure, i need to send them first before i can organise recovery :rage:

Technician phones at 2.30pm realises spare wheel he has wont fit because of front caliper, agrees with me no point trying to put air in do i want them to contact me about recovery LOL!!! Audi assist phone back at 3pm and say estimate is 6pm :wtf: told them not to bother!!

Had to leave the car and get my good lady to pick me, got back in at 4.30pm. Need to wait on the garage getting the new tyre in and then go back, take the wheel off, take it to them, get it fitted and head back and put it back on the car

WHAT A PAIN IN THE A***:rage::rage::rage:

tyre is basically brand new too :cry:

Hit a pothole today and burst the side wall of the front passenger tyre :cry: thankfully the alloy looks ok. Audi assist were useless, phoned at 12 and told someone would be with me between 2pm and 3pm to try and pump the tyre up, told them no point as i had already taken it to a place 1000 yards along the road and the side was split and wouldnt hold air, it was just ******* out. Its procedure, i need to send them first before i can organise recovery :rage:

Technician phones at 2.30pm realises spare wheel he has wont fit because of front caliper, agrees with me no point trying to put air in do i want them to contact me about recovery LOL!!! Audi assist phone back at 3pm and say estimate is 6pm :wtf: told them not to bother!!

Had to leave the car and get my good lady to pick me, got back in at 4.30pm. Need to wait on the garage getting the new tyre in and then go back, take the wheel off, take it to them, get it fitted and head back and put it back on the car

Is the car still under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the exact same a year ago, burst sidewalk but thankfully no damage to alloy.
I just phoned the AA and informed them that the RS does not have a spare and will need the transporter to get it back to dealer.
Transporter arrive 1hr later, checked the tyre then proceeded to hook the car up and placed on transporter.

No issues at all, strange and unacceptable that you had a load of hassle.

Is the car still under warranty?

yes it is, why?

Further update audi assist managed to get out today, hopefully get the new tyre on tomorrow and hopefully the alloy and suspension are fine.

Yeh my rs3 saloon had only covered 8000 miles and hit the worlds large well disguised pot hole, about 2 foot wide, 1 ft deep. Luckily just damaged tyre but as always replaced both fronts. Happened in Surrey and the tossers wouldn’t pay out, absolute joke.

yes it is, why?

Because you have full AA Recovery for 3yrs on your motor. That’s what you get when buying a new Audi.

A single phone call to the AA with car reg number and they should have sent a recovery vehicle to get your motor returned to nearest Audi Dealer and booked in for new tyre and a check of suspension considering you said the pothole was very deep.

that different from audi assist then? Managed to get it picked up on tuesday, alloy is fine thank god.

Last week I had exactly the same thing - it was only a 5 month old tyre as well - totally blew out.
No damage to the alloy - just the tyre.

It was 10pm - they decided to get a recovery truck to me that arrived about 1.30am...

Then the next day had to wait until 4pm to get someone else out to swap the tyre.

Just came back from the UK in the Audi and really did notice the proliferation of potholes - was the UK not promised a hefty amount in the election run up to fix all the potholes? Will this ever be reality..?