A little more noise...

NoggyAnton

Reaction score
Morning all,

I have used the search function for this but can't really see any answers that really relate to what I want to do.

Having worked in the tuning industry previously, I've been working towards an OEM+ spec on my Noggy.

This year has seen me invest a huge amount into the car both replacing tired items such as various hoses, clutch, flywheel, turbo, breathers, belts/wp and fully poly-bushing the suspension as well as future proofing with bits like the oil pick up, turbo oil feed pipe, Haldex earth strap etc etc. The list goes on...
The car was mapped while I was involved in the industry with a nice stage 1+ file (with some subtle tweaks to N75 duty and pedal maps) has a k04 with a 360 bearing and a drop-billet comp wheel. I've retained the stock Airbox that's been lightly fettled, added a feed and fitted the obligatory Tip and an Uprated DV. The car drives lovely with a nice response and a good shove while retaining nice day to day qualities. Its quick enough for me at this level of tune especially as I don't really drive it that hard.

I have also fitted a Milltek non-res system as the stock one was bit tired. Its lovely and refined ( compared to my old Mr2 Turbo animal least) but it's a little on the quiet side. I don't really want to go down the route of adding a 3" DP (cost etc) even though I know that's where the gains are. I'm just looking for a little more noise- after all as a petrol head, that's one of the main reasons we like cars. Has anyone bought the Decat and added it AFTER already having the system fitted or have people only bought them together?

I'm also looking at adding the Creations Motorsprt charge pipe for the same reason. I've seen posts on debaffling the stock charge pipe, but the step that's left wont do anything for flow and I'd rather keep the OEM one in tact just in case its reverted to stock at any point.

Do the Forge/ creations charge pipes add a noticable difference in noise?