10mm wheel spacers

Alva78

team Nano, Black Styling package H&R 8mm spacers
Reaction score
I am buying 10mm fk automotive wheel spacers and the seller states that I can use the existing wheel bolts rather than getting longer ones.Is this true as I am concerned about losing 10mm on the bolt . any advice will be much appreciated

I am buying 10mm fk automotive wheel spacers and the seller states that I can use the existing wheel bolts rather than getting longer ones.Is this true as I am concerned about losing 10mm on the bolt . any advice will be much appreciated

NO! NO! NO! Complete and utter stupidity! You've 15mm thread in the hub on which to tension your wheel bolt to 120Nm and "the seller says" you'll be OK with 5mm thread engagement, lol

PLEASE do NOT use existing OEM bolts with a 10mm spacer! Go purchase 10mm longer bolts, your life (and that of others) may depend on it...

Reactions: pburv and Alva78
Scary to think how many people will take his advice and use existing bolts!!

Reactions: Bryant1998 and 45bvtc
Damien is saying no ??? :shrug:

Who is this "Damien" that's saying "no???"
5985.gif

I'm unsure weather you'd even get a turn into the hubs with 10mm spacers and standard bolts, accident waiting to happen.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: 45bvtc
thanks for telling me what I was thinking message going back to get a refund!!

Reactions: 45bvtc
thanks for telling me what I was thinking message going back to get a refund!!

I wouldn’t bother with a refund if they can supply you the correct size bolts (either at 0 cost or a reduced cost to you). But if they can’t, yeah get the refund.

I really don’t see how they can legally sell these without supplying longer bolts or at least informing you that standard bolts are not long enough. Must be some kind of law against telling you that standard bolts are okay, seeing as it’s incredibly dangerous...

Reactions: 45bvtc and pburv