Help with new intake fitting

RSV001

Reaction score
Hello guys

So ive fitted a new intake and it doesnt quite seem or look right. Most others ive seen have the pipe connection on the top side. Thjs one is underneath the MAF
And now its throwing a misfire code too.

My car is an 2009 S3 Manual
Have i hooked it up wrong?
Dont really want to drive it till i find out.

Picture attached and scan log here https://ufile.io/jh6tcy30

Cheers

Attachments

• 20191227_203442.jpg
    20191227_203442.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 77
Need more photos mate and a link to the intake kit you’ve bought ideally, definitely doesn’t look right to me

I’ve never seen anything like that for these cars. I think I’d try to return it as the DV pipe certainly does not sit right.

Reactions: henkkeumus
That's the wrong kit for an S3.
The S3 has a KO4 turbo and the DV mounted at the front of the engine, hence why you would have the DV pipe coming off at the side.
The A3 2.0T has the KO3 and the DV mounted down the back by the turbo

Thats my mistake then. Yeah looking at the ad it clearly says k03....
If i can connect it up a little nicer there wont be ny problem running it like this will it?

It doesnt sound a good intake though tbh.
Whether or not the dv pipe is causing the misfires is debatable but aftermarket intakes are notorious for causing fuel mixture issues due to incorrect maf housing diameters, this could be your issue.
I'd either send it back or sell it on and get the correct one.

It doesnt sound a good intake though tbh.
Whether or not the dv pipe is causing the misfires is debatable but aftermarket intakes are notorious for causing fuel mixture issues due to incorrect maf housing diameters, this could be your issue.
I'd either send it back or sell it on and get the correct one.

I second that ^