Climate Control Component Protection

Taylor Smith

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is anyone able to tell me if I bought a replacement CC head unit off of eBay (photo below) it would be plug and play or whether it would be denied by component protection?

Thanks in advance
Taylor

Upload 2020 1 5 20 42 6

It shouldnt give you any issues as the componenrt protection is usually on the actual modules.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

HVAC control definitely has component protection. Don’t buy it unless you can get it removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced mine. I thought the same issue was going to occur. Installed it no problem. No CP. just make sure it’s from a breakers yard incase you do get any issues, because If CP does kick in, you can at least get it removed with ODIS, but you can’t if it’s stolen

Cheers for your replies guys, so it’s not definite whether it will kick in or not. Some seem to have problems and others not.

DJAlix - I sent you guys an email the other day about CC but not heard anything back?

Cheers for your replies guys, so it’s not definite whether it will kick in or not. Some seem to have problems and others not.

DJAlix - I sent you guys an email the other day about CC but not heard anything back?
Only just back from a break over the holidays. Will be replying today.