Help Please Buying door lock actuator

Martin1953

Reaction score
3 of 4 doors will lock but not unlock on my 2009 S4 Avant and need new actuators. Anyone got part No and are those advertised on Ebay and Amazon worth having? Cheers

Buy new from audi as used aren't advisable.

Check the door rubber wires for any broken as 3 doors down is very bizarre & kinda unheard of 3 locks gone.

Thanks... this diagnosis was made by my auto electrician who claims to have checked all the wiring but I'll ask him.

No worries, but as I said 3 locks at once, seems either a miracle or questionable bud, never had this occur unless it was wiring or another module down, but nothings impossible.

Cheers and thanks for the advice, they were working periodically in the summer but the colder weather seems to have had an effect. I hope you're right as 3 new accuators aren't cheap!

Does it have keyless door sensors?

No, it has the square shape on the door handle but they don't seem to do anything. The other thing that doesn't work anymore is the red light on the internal door panel, which used to come on after moving off to indicate the doors were automatically locked.

Urmmmm well given it has 3 doors down it won't probably do so, it really needs diagnosing fully, that's not to say your guy hasn't already, did you get any copies of the error codes?

3 locks gone, kinda finding that hard to believe but I'm not there to know.

Hi
Thanks again for your advice, I didn't get copies of error codes and I'm a little apprehensive of ordering the new actuators in view of your comments. I'll see if I can get them off him retrospectively. The doors do lock OK on the remote but only rear o/s opens.

So drivers door also won't unlock, open?

I'm not saying the guys wrong, but certainly 3 doors has to raise an eyebrow as the locks aren't cheap.

If the only door that unlocks is the drivers door then it could be set that way. There is an option in the MMI to only unlock the drivers door. There is an option to open all door.

Sorry, only door that unlocks is rear o/s.
Just had confirmation of the fault code :
02115 lock unit c/locking implausible signal. Does that sound like I need new accuators as recommended by my auto electrician?

I've got a 58 reg avant and have repaired 3 doors and have another which is broken and in need of repair (its a rear so never use it). I've always stripped the lock down and cleaned up the motor though so it just cost me in cut knuckles and time.

I've got a 58 reg avant and have repaired 3 doors and have another which is broken and in need of repair (its a rear so never use it). I've always stripped the lock down and cleaned up the motor though so it just cost me in cut knuckles and time.
Thanks Owyn, I'll give that some thought and see if my mate can help me!!