Please Help, Tour Pack or Comfort & Sound Pack?

DKM86

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking at purchasing a A6 Avant 40TDI Black Edition (Tech) but I can't decide what would be the most useful. We do a lot of motorway driving, trips to Europe etc and the rest is around town. The comfort & sound pack has the 360 camera and keyless entry which we have at the moment in our current car and find very useful. But the tour pack has adaptive cruise control which is very good for motorway driving. I can't afford both, unfortunately! Would very much appreciate any advice on which pack to get if anyone has first-hand experience with either that would be great. Many thanks in advance.

Oh dear! I have both and am struggling to decide which one I would drop if I had to... difficult question!

If you’re happy not having the B&O sound system, I would say drop the C&S pack because of your mentioned trips, I believe the Tour Pack would let its benefits shine.

Oh dear! I have both and am struggling to decide which one I would drop if I had to... difficult question!

If you’re happy not having the B&O sound system, I would say drop the C&S pack because of your mentioned trips, I believe the Tour Pack would let its benefits shine.
Thank you very much, yes i have been leaning towards the tour pack as well.

I would definitely go for the Tour Pack Pack without a shadow of doubt.

The missus Passat has Auto Cruise and it was driving this to the continent that made me realise how useful it is and therefore it was a must for my current A7.

You’ll be able to live with just the Parking sensors which IMO is really all you need, and the keyless entry is a luxury - I specced it on my last A7 along with Bose when I should have gone for the Tour Pack!

The Auto Cruise coupled with the lane assist will make your motorway drives much more relaxing and you won’t regret it.

I would definitely go for the Tour Pack Pack without a shadow of doubt.

The missus Passat has Auto Cruise and it was driving this to the continent that made me realise how useful it is and therefore it was a must for my current A7.

You’ll be able to live with just the Parking sensors which IMO is really all you need, and the keyless entry is a luxury - I specced it on my last A7 along with Bose when I should have gone for the Tour Pack!

The Auto Cruise coupled with the lane assist will make your motorway drives much more relaxing and you won’t regret it.
Many thanks for the reply, well I think that's settled then, tour pack it is! Very much appreciate the help.

Yep, go for tour pack. Like others, I fortunatley have both tour pack and C&S packs in my A7, but make much more use of the tour pack. The adaptive cruise control is not only great on motorways, but also in town in queues of start/stop slow moving traffic.

Yep, go for tour pack. Like others, I fortunatley have both tour pack and C&S packs in my A7, but make much more use of the tour pack. The adaptive cruise control is not only great on motorways, but also in town in queues of start/stop slow moving traffic.
Thank you for the reply, had some good news last night, a quote came back that will allow us to have both packs! So many thanks to all who have replied.....panic over:)

Thank you for the reply, had some good news last night, a quote came back that will allow us to have both packs! So many thanks to all who have replied.....panic over:)

Amazing and well done! You will be well happy and not left with any regrets!

Yes I’m very happy will be delivered early June, can’t wait!

5 month lead time? Took exactly 3 months for mine. Hope they don’t change around the options and specs again next year before the new model year time of the year just before you’re set to receive delivery of yours.

5 month lead time? Took exactly 3 months for mine. Hope they don’t change around the options and specs again next year before the new model year time of the year just before you’re set to receive delivery of yours.
In that case, I certainly hope it comes quicker. The only theory I had was they may be covering themselves due to any possible fallout from Brexit but I don't know.

In that case, I certainly hope it comes quicker. The only theory I had was they may be covering themselves due to any possible fallout from Brexit but I don't know.
12-16 weeks is the standard delivery window from order.