Passat B5, 2001. - 4 gear automatic gear box

sandis pēlmanis

Reaction score
Hello! The problem is that when the oil in gearbox is cold the gearbox switches the gear from 1 to2 and 2 to 3rd gear with a strong hit, now comes the most interesting part, that when I tried to warm the car for 10 minutes before driving ewery time the gear box works perfect like new, no issues at all, smoothly switched the all gears like I can't feel it.... What can cause the problem, strange situation, because if there was big problem technical then the gears was rough switching the gears all the time, I don't know when the gear box is maintained last time, I will trie to change the oil and filter in the automatic gear box..... Please share your opinions please, maybe some one had the same problem and get fixed it.... The car passat b5, 2001. 4 gear automatic gear box 1,9tdi AVF engine 249k kilometers on it

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'd do the filter & oil change, see how it is afterwards as I'd say the oil us circulating slow or not at all if it's taking that long to warm up, which could be filter issue, oil sludge, who knows, change & report back.

Reactions: sandis pēlmanis
I'd do the filter & oil change, see how it is afterwards as I'd say the oil us circulating slow or not at all if it's taking that long to warm up, which could be filter issue, oil sludge, who knows, change & report back.
OK I will, that's what to start with

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sounds like wrong grade oil, but if its the origonal probably well overdue a change anyway.

Reactions: sandis pēlmanis