Temperature sensor or connections

djbobbyd

Reaction score
78924736 1140540799626017 7516834320149905408 n A month ago, I changed the thermostat and the car worked perfectly. But for a week, the dashboard does not indicate that the car is warm and the fan is running constantly. My mechanic does not detect a diagnostic error. The pipes to the radiator are warm but not hot, the fan runs and the appliance does not show temperature on the dashboard. After switching off the diagnostic unit, the car heats up to 90 degrees and the fan switches on and off, after 3 days the problem reappears. Today we replaced a temperature sensor that is below the sample radiator.

Audi a3 FSI 1.6 2004 manual petrol

Last edited:
Wow interestingly, they fitted a valve there to facilitate removal, replacement, they're learning.

It was repeated again Friday and then, he just hung up the diagnostic tool and the dashboard indicator went up as the fan stopped working. Everything works for now, it is not known when. The coolant sensor has not been checked!

Sorry, you have or haven't changed the sensor yet?

Tonight I unplugged my battery for 3 minutes and everything works fine: the unit reads the temperature and the fans stop rotating.