2015 A4 advice

Hjb92

Reaction score
Hi, first post here!
I'm currently looking at a 2015 plate 2.0 tdi ultra s line with 81000 miles on the clock. Is this too much for a car that's only 5 years old? I believe it was an ex company car with full audi service history.

Is there anything in particular to look out for on the 2012 onwards models?

Thanks!

Motorway car , less braking , steering and gear changing compared with if it was and older car with that miles .

The engine spends most of it's time up to temperature .

All good .

Hi, first post here!
I'm currently looking at a 2015 plate 2.0 tdi ultra s line with 81000 miles on the clock. Is this too much for a car that's only 5 years old? I believe it was an ex company car with full audi service history.

Is there anything in particular to look out for on the 2012 onwards models?

Thanks!
For an ex company diesel car, that mileage isn't out of the ordinary at all. They use them as run-around vehicles and probably average anywhere between 10-15k miles per year.

As long as it has all the full Audi service history it should be fine. Check it's MOT history online to see what work has been done if it Failed any tests. That should give you a good indication of it's past.

I don't know much about what to look out for in diesel cars since I've only owned petrol ones.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Cheers for the replies. Does anyone know when the cambelt will need to be changed on these models (2012 onwards) ? Google doesn't really give me any clear answers!

Reactions: Feemy
I drive 25-30k miles a year in mine. It’s my workhorse. Mine is a 2013 model with now 111k on the clock - I’ve only just replaced front discs and pads for first time. Lots of motorway miles!

Cambelt - 5 years or 60k miles whichever is soonest. Ignore official Audi advice.

Hi :subdued:,

I think you'll get a few different opinions on high mileage. My 2015 Allroad has 27,000 miles on it, and I held out to find the lowest mileage example I could. To me, low miles equals, more reliability, less wear on the clutch, etc, but I understand the argument for a car that has been a motorway mile muncher :sm4:. I think low mileage helps when you come to sell it too.