Servicing query

Dave_808

Reaction score
I've currently got a 68 plate S3 saloon. The servicing schedule is set to flexible as I mainly do motorway miles (I know there's different opinions on this but that isn't what I'm asking!) and I'm coming up to needing its first service.

My question is, and apologies if it's a stupid one, which service do I book in for? Would it be the usual first service oil change interim sort of thing or would it require the 'inspection' type service?

It will be going to an independent, more than likely Awesome GTI as I've used them over the years with other VAG cars I've had.

Thanks.

What's the mileage, it's the 1st service ever?

What month was the car built.

I've currently got a 68 plate S3 saloon. The servicing schedule is set to flexible as I mainly do motorway miles (I know there's different opinions on this but that isn't what I'm asking!) and I'm coming up to needing its first service.

My question is, and apologies if it's a stupid one, which service do I book in for? Would it be the usual first service oil change interim sort of thing or would it require the 'inspection' type service?

It will be going to an independent, more than likely Awesome GTI as I've used them over the years with other VAG cars I've had.

Thanks.
They'll probably know what you need mate when you tell them reg number etc.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
I agree. Just tell them what you’ve told us and they will know what to do. If they don’t, take it somewhere else.

Well I would say that if it's a September 68 you are approaching 18months - 2 years or 19000 miles is the criteria, and the pollen filter should be changed at 2 years anyway so inspection service including oil and filter

What has it come up with on the dash - Oil change or Inspection