Facelift 1.5 tfsi ticking on idle

Rob Craven

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum,but have read it for a while.I bought a brand new black edition 20 months added a few toys in it nothing lavish and to be honest,I am a light user to say the least only done 2k in that time when I do use it the journeys are about 60 miles or so round trips.
I have noticed the 1.5 engine is a bit ticky on idle is that common for that engine,I had a Skoda Octibus 2.0 ltr vrs petrol prior and was almost silent.

Thanks Richard got two years warranty left bit of a trip to the nearest dealer have them have a listen,I always feel as welcome a fart in a space suite at the dealers happy to take your money then could not care less after.

We have the 1.5 engine in my wife’s Q2 and I find that quite ticky when idling. It is very noticeable from outside the car

I can’t see any point in going to someone else when the car is under warranty. Take it and get it fixed.
I must say I have not had any negative experiences at my local dealer.

We have the 1.5 engine in my wife’s Q2 and I find that quite ticky when idling. It is very noticeable from outside the car
Thats it outside the car ticky when stood and in the car little ticky when in motion all o/k may be a trait of that engine.

Ticking is usually the sound of the injectors. I used to have a Cayenne and that had a loud ticking noise on idle. I agree that it's a trait of the engine as my Dads Q2 with the same engine is noisy on idle with the ticking noise

Reactions: The Saints