SATNAV but without SD Card Questions...

Jehanzeb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up an A6 (65 plate) the other day and the place where I bought it from said there is a SATNAV built into the car but when I went into the Navigation system it asked me to put a SDCard. I didn't get one.

So I went to Audi in Cheltenham and the gentleman there couldn't get hold of parts team at the time and he said he'll contact me with the map update SD card (I am still waiting)....

In the meantime, I started googling about this type of Navigation system and found that I should first look at the version I have in the car (it states: Software version: RMC_EU_P14321). I have no idea what it meant so I googled it again and stumbled upon this forum. I am not too tech savy so not sure if I am asking the correct questions.

1. Is that Software version uptodate? If not, how do I update it?
2. I never recieved a SD Card with the car and I searched on eBay and there are plenty selling there but not sure if they are legit. How do I acquire a legit SD card?
3. I was hoping with 65 plate car, it would come with Audi Connect or atleast a WiFi hotspot but I cannot find anywhere where I can slot a SIM card. One of the photos of a car showed a SIM slot in between SD1 and SD2 but mine isn't there. Does it mean this car doesn't have Audi Connect?

Many thanks

kind regards

Jay

Your car has the RMC version of the MMI system which requires an SDCard for the maps. This was the basic system sold with UK A6s. Unfortunately it does not come with Audi Connect, hence no slot for a SIM card nor does it have a Wi-fi function. Officially you need to get the SDCard from an Audi dealer and they will need to activate. Be careful getting one from a third party as it may not work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Elan2s, thank you for your quick reply. By sounds of it I am stuck with a standard system version, my next question would’ve been, can I upgrade to enhanced/advanced version? But then again, it might cost me arm and a leg.
I am thinking to take the Audi to Bristol and see if they can sort it out
Kind regards
Jay

Hi Elan2s, thank you for your quick reply. By sounds of it I am stuck with a standard system version, my next question would’ve been, can I upgrade to enhanced/advanced version? But then again, it might cost me arm and a leg.
I am thinking to take the Audi to Bristol and see if they can sort it out
Kind regards
Jay

Several arms and several legs! Seen figures in excess of3k to do it. Hopefully the dealer will sort it for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk