What is this connector for?

henkkeumus

Dutch Retrofitfanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I've bought some A3 8P S-Line seats from a car graveyard.
The seats include seat heating and retrofitted those aswell in my A3.

But my seats have 1 connector left that's not plugged in, obviously because my car didn't came with that function. But what is this connector for?

My thought was it is for the "detection sensor" so it detects somebody is sitting on the chair and then the dash can beep your ears of you need to plug in your seatbelt :).

123.png

Is it the connector that links the back part of the heated seats to the base where the supply comes in?

Is it the connector that links the back part of the heated seats to the base where the supply comes in?

Nah mate, I've retrofitted the heated seats in my A3, this is the only connector that's left (both sides).
Heated bottom and back work with the big black plug.

Could be the seat airbag?

Airbags go with the yellow connector.
Should be kinda dodgy if they made 2 connectors for 2 airbags, that's creating like more points of failure in case of a crash :D

Reactions: Sayam
Ah I see there's a picture, bloomin work blanks out the pics and limits your access to some sites. If i'd known there was a picture that would have made all the difference, let me see......... nah still don't know.

Reactions: henkkeumus
After some research and talking to the mechanic at Audi (was there for some connectors) they could tell me it's for the sensor in the passenger seat. It's a "detection" sensor just as I thought. It will detect if anything heavy is on the seat and when the seatbelt is not clicked in it will beep the living hell out of you :D