Stop Start memory function

kpm278

Reaction score
Hi, I've been looking around for instructions on how to activate memory function on stop start so it remembers the last setting when you cycle ignition. All the instructions I have found point to adaption channel 34 which are for cars with older module protocols. Is there an equivalent for cars that dont have numbered channels and just a huge drop down list?

Thanks, Kristian

Hi, I've been looking around for instructions on how to activate memory function on stop start so it remembers the last setting when you cycle ignition. All the instructions I have found point to adaption channel 34 which are for cars with older module protocols. Is there an equivalent for cars that dont have numbered channels and just a huge drop down list?

Thanks, Kristian

I dont think this is possible on the 8V (I would LOVE to be corrected though!), one of the forum sponsors, DJalix sells his own bit of kit to do it, but he seldom replies to messages or emails.

There is a similar device from an European outfit

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/start-stop-automatic-ssa/start-stop-automatic-memory-modul-ssam-modul

Reactions: kpm278
Not surprisingly, similar stop/start modules also being offered on eBay (for around £30). Search for “stop start memory module”

I dont think this is possible on the 8V (I would LOVE to be corrected though!), one of the forum sponsors, DJalix sells his own bit of kit to do it, but he seldom replies to messages or emails.

There is a similar device from an European outfit

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/start-stop-automatic-ssa/start-stop-automatic-memory-modul-ssam-modul
I reply to emails all the time, but when I receive over 60 emails a day plus 30 sms messages, 40+ Facebook messages then add forum messages and too many WhatsApp messages to count, I am constantly playing catch up. 07950 737 899 is my companies number that is answered everyday for those who need a faster response.

Start stop memory is not possible on MQB vehicles via software modification, only via hardware / a module. I no longer Have these made / no longer sell them as someone ripped off my design and sells them cheaper on eBay and alike. They work but you get what you pay for :)

Ah ok thanks. I think I can probably live with pressing the button myself if it’s going to cost