Pioneer sat nav?

Hjb92

Reaction score
I've just brought an 2011 audi a3 s line black edition and it has a pioneer head unit. The sat nav seems to be stuck in Paris for some reason. Do I need a sd card to get it working? Or an update?
Thanks!

Check the GPS number of sats received.

My bad, thought was an rns.

Last edited:
You sure it even got the GPS hooked on?

When I disconnect my GPS it's stuck somewhere in Poland, I'm from Holland.

Check to see if it is Apple Carplay and Android Auto compatible. It may just run on the phones internal GPS and use Google maps as the navigation source from your phone.

Cheers for the replies. Yeah the GPS is connected. I think it's android auto compatible however when I go onto the navigation menu it's says I need the avic sync app which is terrible as it doesn't even work. My music and phonebook connects via Bluetooth and works fine so I'm a bit lost to why I can't get the navigation to work and use my phone as the GPS! Do I need an SD card for it or something?

No, you need to install Android Auto on your phone and connect with a USB lead.
It will then connect to your phone, prompt you to allow permissions for calls, gps etc and then it should display on the head unit.

Do a google search for the model number of the stereo and see if it does have Android Auto or not. Might save you time if it doesn't have it and you install apps and buy leads when it's not needed.

Reactions: paddy