Mot

Major-eyeswater

Reaction score
Hi all.
Current mot runs out mid march, I know the car will fail on a few things so am gonna get it in this week.
So, if (when) it fails, can I still legally drive the car until the old mid march cert expires?

I'll be getting all the work done within the next week or so.

Ta.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Hi all.
Current mot runs out mid march, I know the car will fail on a few things so am gonna get it in this week.
So, if (when) it fails, can I still legally drive the car until the old mid march cert expires?

Ta.

It makes more sense to do the work before you present it for mot.

Put it in for a pre MOT. ie not an official one that is logged into the DVLA , perfectly legal to do, they will tell you what needs doing for the price of an MOT

Hi all.

Ta.

Technically you are breaking the law if your car is not roadworthy, Mot or not , this will also void your insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will be interesting when the MOT stations close !

Was about to ask a similar question.
A girl at work has a mot that’s running out. Lots of local garages and dealership are closed so she can’t have a mot done. How much slack do you reckon she will get if police stopped her?

Ended up selling this car 2 weeks ago with a failure sheet as long as yer arm - just checked now, and it passed an mot yesterday...

Was sad to see it go - even more gutted it's now back on the road!

Reactions: Bryant1998