A6 reverse camera need help

magmax

Reaction score
Audi a6 avent 2016
Hello I have had a reverse camera installed by a company a few months back and was told it was a genuine audi kit but I have noticed that the screen and overlay looks different to the ones I have seen online. The first difference is that the picture of the car on screen is on the left side of the screen. Then the bar lines which show how far away you are for the parking sensors are red. The ones I have seen screen shot of are white. It doesn't have the icon or option to switch modes to parrell park in the top right of the screen. Also I don't have the option to change from camera mode to parking sensors view as the screen doesn't have the graphic menu which is normally found at the bottom left of the screen.
I contacted the company and they said at first my screen was to small to show all these icons so I took some screen shots off auto trader and showed them cars with the same screen as mine with the options I am missing then they told me the module will need flashing which they came back and did now they say that it's the car which is the problem as its not talking to the reverse module.

The camera works and shows what is behind me but I want the camera to work as it should. I was told before it was installed it would work like as if it was factory fitted which is not the case.

Is there anything I can do myself or has anyone with experience in fitting these had any of the same issues as mine. They couldn't answer my question when I asked them regarding the over.

Attachments

• IMG_20191218_220727.jpg
    IMG_20191218_220727.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
As someone who retrofits these cameras - just from your picture I can confirm this is a Chinese aftermarket camera unit.

Thank you so much for the reply and confirming what I sort of knew from the start. I contacted them before regarding this and said that I didn't think it was a real audi camera kit and they confirmed to me again that it was 100% genuine. I think I'm gonna get my money back.

If I buy my own kit would this module work on my car

4G0907441B

Thank you so much for the reply and confirming what I sort of knew from the start. I contacted them before regarding this and said that I didn't think it was a real audi camera kit and they confirmed to me again that it was 100% genuine. I think I'm gonna get my money back.

If I buy my own kit would this module work on my car

4G0907441B

I can’t tell you, but you should check online. I’ve seen a few posts for DIY guides for the C7. Honestly id get my money back from there if they claim it’s genuine.

Thanks again for your reply. I would like to see the reverse module for myself. Am I right in think that it will be behind the mmi unit. Would I have to remove the air con control panal and then unscrew the mmi and remove it?

Would it be a simple job?

I wonder what they was doing the other day when they said they was flashing the unit to try and update the reverse module.... Eating their lunch maybe..

Thanks again for your reply. I would like to see the reverse module for myself. Am I right in think that it will be behind the mmi unit. Would I have to remove the air con control panal and then unscrew the mmi and remove it?

Would it be a simple job?

I wonder what they was doing the other day when they said they was flashing the unit to try and update the reverse module.... Eating their lunch maybe..

They were probably contacting their Chinese supplier to do a software update.

As for the Chinese aftermarket units, they come with an aftermarket handle with the camera integrated (as the original one does) and a module that splits the LVDS (video) cable and switches between the camera input and the original MMI input. They’re usually located close to the MMI box, so yes, you’d have to remove the air conditioner control unit as well as the main MMI radio to get behind it and possibly the glovebox as well.

Honestly, if I were you I’d ask them to remove the installation as they tricked you into thinking it’s something genuine when it’s not.