Dyno results in - Mystery of the misfire

Nagasaki

Phooey
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Been in for first session of the year (3rd since build) and looking for any pointers on a misfire that comes and goes under acceleration, but does not show up on the Dyno.
Some good results today with big improvements in the mid range, however and all great on the rollers, but under heavy load on the way home there is an intermittent misfire, almost like Traction control cutting in, but obviously isn't that as its prevalent from 50 up to ......
Thinking either fuelling issues that don't happen when there are no G forces, as on the Dyno, or knock sensors pulling timing through vibration, which is also not present on Dyno runs.

Any advice appreciated.

HKP
c134f6bcb643e92b8ff27d70b87babf3.jpg
ef12edf0cd1bf5ff7aa1bb322c80e62f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Been in for first session of the year (3rd since build) and looking for any pointers on a misfire that comes and goes under acceleration, but does not show up on the Dyno.
Some good results today with big improvements in the mid range and all great on the rollers, but under heavy load on the way home there is an intermittent misfire, almost like Traction control cutting in, but obviously isn't that as its prevalent from 50 up to ......
Thinking either fuelling issues that don't happen when there are no G forces, as on the Dyno, or knock sensors pulling timing through vibration, which is also not present on Dyno runs.

Any advice appreciated.

HKP
c134f6bcb643e92b8ff27d70b87babf3.jpg
ef12edf0cd1bf5ff7aa1bb322c80e62f.jpg

Hmm, when you say misfire is it like a jerk then goes into limp mode? Any lights on the dash? Guess the whole thing can be a bit of a needle in a haystack without logging stuff and even then might just be a case of guesswork and swapping things that could be related.

Reactions: Nagasaki
Well, a late night drive led to a complete coil pack failure on Cylinder 1 and error messages for multi misfire and low bank sensor readings.
Swapped out an old spare at the side of the road but still playing up, so have ordered a compete set of 2.0TFSI red coil packs and adaptor plates.
A bit frustrated with myself as having upgraded or replaced everything else I should have done it ages ago.
They should be here by the weekend so I’ll post an update.