Vanity light retrofit?

Bruce Rutherford

Reaction score
Is it possible to retrofit the vanity lights above the sun visors relatively easily?

Would I need a whole new headliner, as been thinking about changing mine out for a black one, so wondering how much of a faff on the wiring is for the vanity lights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New headliner as cutouts aren't there as well as the metal brackets.

Which year, colour of headlining, 3 or 5dr & does it have a sunroof?

New headliner as cutouts aren't there as well as the metal brackets.

Which year, colour of headlining, 3 or 5dr & does it have a sunroof?

Mine has the light grey headliner currently - is an 09 3 Door, no sun roof.

Is it possible to retrofit the vanity lights above the sun visors relatively easily?

Would I need a whole new headliner, as been thinking about changing mine out for a black one, so wondering how much of a faff on the wiring is for the vanity lights!

Are you feeling the need to check your makeup, seems like a lot of time and money for this retrofit. I have them on my car, Mrs and I have never used them.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Are you feeling the need to check your makeup, seems like a lot of time and money for this retrofit. I have them on my car, Mrs and I have never used them.

Haha no, my makeup is always on point. No but I’m not looking to just do this retrofit, was really only cause I’m wanting a black headliner anyway, thought while I was at it I might as well if it was easy, plus I’m going to fit the rest of the interior light pack

Haha no, my makeup is always on point. No but I’m not looking to just do this retrofit, was really only cause I’m wanting a black headliner anyway, thought while I was at it I might as well if it was easy, plus I’m going to fit the rest of the interior light pack

I actually just did this mod to my A3 8p sportsback because my new headliner came with vanity light and my old didn't have it.

There is no OEM loom you can attach, its a part of the car harness, so if you car didn't came with it to begin with, BAD LUCK :(

Taking the ground/earth from the front dome light(Was the brown cable for me PIN 6) running it to the sun visor connector. From the sun visor connector to the vanity light and taking the power/12v(was the red/white cable for me PIN 3) from the front dome light directly to the vanity light.

Works like original!