Coronavirus!!

Reactions: MikeParkin and k.lockU2
The infection rate for the rest of the world compared to Italy is mind boggling. Their recovery rate sits at a meager 56%, which is also not promising. Of the 12k cases with an outcome, the success vs failure rate is also 56% and 44% respectively - 44% is the death rate.

The reason for Italy doing so badly is because of exactly what you mentioned above - they didn't act when they were supposed and people didn't follow what they were told to.

UK's trajectory, as things stand, isn't looking promising. We are only 16 days behind Italy and 12 behind Germany. However, our mortality rate is higher than where Italy was at the same time!

Of the cases with an outcome in the UK, we have a recovery rate of 25% and mortality rate of 75%.

If anyone is in doubt about my above statement, then BBC has just confirmed how UK is performing against Italy, and it is not looking promising. Well, UK is actually worse..

So please, listen to the advice by the health officials, keep social distance and stay indoors. Look after yourselves, your families and the rest of the community around you.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeParkin, 45bvtc and pburv
Today I locked myself in the spare room.
I managed to clay, polish then wax my Summer wheels.
Now that's what I call pro active self distancing.
Took me 8 hours these did.
Time well spent
386519aedc21f260eed24a6cf27f311e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959, 45bvtc, DaveW and 5 others
Nice wheels for a bmw

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeParkin and CHEZ
He'll have to close now not at the end of play tomorrow....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeParkin
So Boris has spoken.
Very vague.
Do I need to go to work?
Is working in an engineering factory essential?
I can't work from home.
So many questions

I see what yous are saying and I’m still in doubt but he did said essential and to me most jobs are not essential in this case. Police, Ambulance, Fire services, Army, NHS workers, food shops like Asda etc are essential to this pandemic.

Reactions: Pinky1959, RS03??? and Bryant1998
I agree with all the last three posts,sheer greed from bosses who care more about money than their staff is what it amounts to imo. Bulls**t

****...... and I need a hair cut

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MikeParkin, CHEZ and Bryant1998
****...... and I need a hair cut

About 40 seconds in for you:wink:
The rest we should all listen to. Think it’s the accent but so much passion in his voice. Maybe Boris should take a note and try this if there’s still folk not listening to what a lockdown means.

Reactions: MikeParkin and Alistair D
also, utility services such as Water, Gas, Electricity, telecomms and importantly bins.

Everyone will have their own ideas about what constitutes an essential service. My local solicitor is half way through drafting new wills for me and Mrs Grumpy Old Man. The practice office is closed to clients and staff are working from home. So he can draft the will and email us the drafts for approval, but a will needs to be printed, signed, and the signatures witnessed, for it to have any validity. I can print them at my end and we can sign them, but asking a neighbour to witness the signatures is a bit tricky.

I've suggested that I set up a FaceTime call with the solicitor so that he can view us signing the wills. I'd then scan and email them back to him so he can add his signature as witness. He's currently checking with the partners whether this would result in a validly executed will. If it doesn't we have to wait until someone is authorised to make an "essential" visit to the office to do all the printing and despatching, and someone is maybe willing to witness the sigs either side of closed doors. And of course, we won't be the only clients in similar limbo.

All of the above might sound a bit like a first-world problem, but given the increase in everyone's threat to life, would anyone blame me for thinking this is pretty damned-well essential? :shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeParkin, voorhees, V6_Man and 1 other person
same thoughts crossed my mind last night at 9pm,

If anyone is interested Audi have just released a colouring book to print to help pass some time due to the coronavirus
the website is:
autoblog.com/amp/2020/03/23/audi-coloring-book-released/

DOOR 21 1080x
PUT THIS UP LAST WEEK ....
"**** THE BED"
I REALY CANT BELIEVE HOW MUCH THIS
SEEMS TO BE WORKING ...

Well doctor has told me to self isolate and not leave the house because of my asthma I am at higher risk, so to be safe, stay indoors.
I am not showing any symptoms and feel normal.
Probably a bit overkill, but doctors orders n'all I shall remain indoors, gradually going mad.
Can't even walk the dog ***.
So, may aswell wax my wheels again lol.
There will be an inch of wax on these by 2 weeks at this rate.

Reactions: Audidi, MikeParkin, pburv and 2 others
Well doctor has told me to self isolate and not leave the house because of my asthma I am at higher risk, so to be safe, stay indoors.
Probably a bit overkill, but doctors orders n'all I shall remain indoors, gradually going mad.

I know it is annoying and frustrating but it is for your benefit mate. At least you are listening to the Doctor's advice.

On the otherhand my brother-in-law (along with my sister and their three kids) who are currently living with us is adamant he wants to move house this weekend in all the madness going around us. He has just returned to the UK and it is proving to be flipping impossible to make him understand.

And to make it worse, he is a Surgeon at Heartlands hospital, B'ham - ***! Off course, he is looking at my help during the move as well. I have been trying to politely make him understand but to no avail. Ideally, it should have been the other way round!

Reactions: k.lockU2, MikeParkin and CHEZ

Big edit, just got a letter saying I can't leave the house now for 12 weeks.
FML

Reactions: MikeParkin and V6_Man
Your going to be hated on.....?
I can see your next post ....?
I succumbed too bulk buying ...?

NEEDED MORE WAX

Reactions: MikeParkin, voorhees and CHEZ
At least it will save you a few pennies on spacers..:whistle2:

It was suggested Theresa may offered to step up again ..
Boris ; stated ...... I dont mean to be rude Theresa but the only women guys listen to is SIRI & ALEXA

Attachments

• time out .jpg
    time out .jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: V6_Man, MikeParkin, pburv and 2 others
There was a 'spike' in the number of cases of 'the clap' reported last night around 8pm...:whistle2:

Reactions: k.lockU2 and V6_Man
What with all this coronavirus and isolation i went out into the summer house yesterday...Upon my return i noticed a stranger sat in my lounge feet up bold as brass on the couch ... drinking from my mug..
today i can't believe how much we had in common when the inevitable conversation persued (My gawd).
The conversation just flowed she explained how she had just finished a shift & how her feet ached ...
We must have talked for hours.
We even chatted about my past. Anyway 1 thing led to another. I began to feel myself drawn to this person. So much so; as we continued chattin , into the small hours and beyond..it turns out her family knew my family & I recall her family vaguely . I was completely Bowled over with this stranger. We continued talking, she told me how she knew me from years back. Smiling & Describing when I had a full head of hair she described me to a tee...she could even remember what I drank back then... I suddenly began to feel uncomfortable with incredibly sweaty palms as I could feel some kind of attraction & chemistry bubbling between us ... anyway to cut a long story short it so turns out I'm married and that Woolworths is closing down .

Reactions: pburv, AlS3BE, Bryant1998 and 2 others
Big edit, just got a letter saying I can't leave the house now for 12 weeks.
FML

They are now saying "shielding" for 12 weeks for anyone with underlying health...or more specifically respiratory conditions as these are the groups most at risk. Annoying especially if you feel well...totally necessary to avoid getting very sick very quickly though

Reactions: pburv and CHEZ
Stay safe pal!
And to everyone else, let’s worry about our health for the moment and do things you enjoy.

Reactions: CHEZ

I know people want to hear something good and perhaps something different to read but below is a summary of all the stats (today only) from the Worldometer as well FT.

- Big mortality numbers in all the major breakout countries. Italy (889), Spain (682), France (319), US (297 day not over), UK (260 highest ever).
- UK now second to Spain at this stage
- US deaths doubling each day and curve getting steeper rather than flatter
- India on full lockdown and tracking US, but early days
- Australia added to smaller chart graphic, curve very flat but very early on their breakout

- Regionally London curve jumped with 96 deaths today, approaching Wuhan curve (if you believe the numbers)
- NYC and Catalonia deaths doubling in less than 2 days

- Turkey looking bad for confirmed cases, out pacing all others at this stage
- UK curve not showing any signs of flattening yet, only a few days in to current lockdown

- Lots of reports of struggling UK hospitals

- Field hospitals in London are ready, Birmingham and Manchester also being setup with many thousands of beds

- Birmingham airport being converted in to a temporary mortuary with capacity for up to 12,000 bodies.

- 7 in 10 UK patients in critical care are male

And yet some here deny!

Reactions: voorhees
Based on current world population 5 mins ago, if 1 million die from the coronavirus , that is 0.0128633639% of the population .

and then look here at the world population per second and even that is dwarfed by how the population is growing on our planet, some truly mind boggling figures .
Humans are also just like a virus on the planet , multiplying and consuming / killing everything.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Reactions: V6_Man
I’ve had to leave home since my misses who is a nurse has been sent home By the hospital and told to stay there for 12 weeks due to her ms, and since I’m self employed Plumber I have to keep working to bring the money in. Can’t be waiting till June to claim it back so I can’t risk bringing it home so means that I can’t see my daughter either, it’s a **** but better than me bringing it home and the worst happening

Reactions: voorhees, k.lockU2, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
Also this mass panic for face masks (if you are getting some you want the p3 filter and not just any mask as if it doesn’t seal around your face it’s pointless) and the daft prices they are going for on eBay is ridiculous, Boris wants construction to stay open yet we can’t get dust masks so they will end up getting shut down soon anyway for health and safety grounds

Last edited:
I want the shutdown,where I work,we are being told we are key workers,(manufacturing for the construction industry). Why should I put myself and my family at risk of infection when the government will pay me 80% of my wage to stay at home? It’s ******** imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had to leave home since my misses who is a nurse has been sent home By the hospital and told to stay there for 12 weeks due to her ms, and since I’m self employed Plumber I have to keep working to bring the money in. Can’t be waiting till June to claim it back so I can’t risk bringing it home so means that I can’t see my daughter either, it’s a **** but better than me bringing it home and the worst happening
I feel for you as my wife has MS too. She doesn't work but more importantly doesnt get any MS drugs as she's primary progressive so not at an increased risk...doesnt stop me worrying though.
I'm also self employed but the company I subcontract to has shut down for now, so thankfully I can stay at home with her.

Stay safe guys

I agree I don’t see why the construction has to carry on , or why self employed which most of the construction workers are have to wait till June for help, I understand that it’s more complex than your employer claiming it back, but it’s kind of forcing the self employed to carry on , like you say I’m putting myself at risk so I can keep the money coming in I’d rather not be but then I’d be sat at home stressing over money
I want the shutdown,where I work,we are being told we are key workers,(manufacturing for the construction industry). Why should I put myself and my family at risk of infection when the government will pay me 80% of my wage to stay at home? It’s ******** imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel for you as my wife has MS too. She doesn't work but more importantly doesnt get any MS drugs as she's primary progressive so not at an increased risk...doesnt stop me worrying though.
I'm also self employed but the company I subcontract to has shut down for now, so thankfully I can stay at home with her.

Stay safe guys
It’s a horrible thing ms
luckily she’s not had a attack for years and the fact she’s still able to work( although part time now due to the fatigue) and walk unaided after 12 years is really lucky , the amount of tablets she has to take just to live a normal life is unreal , hers is now secondary, the fatigue and muscle pain/spasm’s getting worse so I can’t have her stressing over bills or risk bringing the virus home to her