De Chrome yes or No . S5 Cab

Ianf42

Reaction score
S0 with nothing to do for months do I need to de Chrome my Navarra Blue s5 Cab.

Any one have any photo of their own Cabs de chromed ??

thanks\\

Think chrome looks better with Navara then dechrome (but still looks good).

I dechromed my white S5 coupe and the contrast works well.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I tried de-chroming my Mythos black S5 and gave up.

Plastidip was really tricky to use without drips and runs and I don’t think it would have lasted that well even if I’d succeeded. Sold the spare cans on eBay.

I then attempted 3M vinyl wrap and gave up after about 3 hours and not making it round the rear window (with a cab you may not have that problem. I tried both a single sheet and strips and neither wanted to do as they were told. The front door sill was ok though. But good luck if that’s the way you’re going - hope you have better luck and more patience than me. Threw the excess in the bin and decided that chrome rules!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: S32B
I tried de-chroming my Mythos black S5 and gave up.

Plastidip was really tricky to use without drips and runs and I don’t think it would have lasted that well even if I’d succeeded. Sold the spare cans on eBay.

I then attempted 3M vinyl wrap and gave up after about 3 hours and not making it round the rear window (with a cab you may not have that problem. I tried both a single sheet and strips and neither wanted to do as they were told. The front door sill was ok though. But good luck if that’s the way you’re going - hope you have better luck and more patience than me. Threw the excess in the bin and decided that chrome rules!!!

Have you considered a professional? Got mine done by MintWraps and the job is excellent.

Have you considered a professional? Got mine done by MintWraps and the job is excellent.

Yeah, and I would have done if I could have got a local recommendation - but then decided once I’d got rid of the awful (IMHO) S5 grille I’m quite happy with how it looks on Mythos black