Neither Audi concert or aftermarket Headunit turns on..

Kingk

Reaction score
Hey. Last night I got my brand new DSX A410BT from Sony. It came with a wiring harness installed, from the radio to the car cable.

however I did have to switch yellow and red cables with each other to boot up radio.

I got it to boot 2 times even speakers were working fine. but I noticed the power cable was a little loose as the display of the Sony would turn on and off when I moved it slightly, so I took it out and want to the check the cable. But now the Sony and neither OG Audi concert would turn on. I have checked Fuses and replaced on car Concert and Sony unit, but none of them were burned.. so wondering if my power cable is broken or something inside the car.

I haven’t tried disconnecting the battery. Maybe that could help, for like 10 mins?

hope someone can help me out! as i have used so much time trying to figure it out and been waiting to play some tunes in the car!!

You need a separate switched live for aftermarket head units. But as the original won't boot up you have fried a fuse there are some in the engine bay too, as well as the end of the dash. Look on the rear of the cover you remove and it will tell you what number fuse is for the radio

I have a 8P 2004

Side panel doesn’t have any radio fuse marked on it.
guessing it is in the engine bay?
i did change fuse F8.

Okay so from that diagram the fuse is showing either F8 or F19 but it shows 15A fuse but the fuse that was in there before I switched it was 10?

just means it's been changed, going lower amp is ok, you don't go higher.

F19 changed and audi concert works now

I got the Sony at home

But u wrote that IT needs a live wire to turn on the Sony? I have seen people run IT from fusebox

Okay il get a power cable and a inline fuse and hook IT into the one off the available fuses on sidepanel that has constant 12v

no switched, only live with the ignition on and not live ignition and key out

Ah i see! Thanks for the replies, u have been of Great help today. This has certainly been a hasle so i can get BT in the car to listen to my Songs hehe.

Reactions: LEE69
Hey again, Just tested the radio and it worked! But if i disconmect the radio Even after turning IT off IT breaks the cars radio fuse.

Is this the reason i need to run wire from fusebox?

No, it needs a switched live, as the canbus doesn't do it. I'm not sure why the fuse would keep blowing, must be an issue with the Sony one if it doesn't do it with the standard chorus