Help Please Folding mirrors

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I have folding mirrors taken off an A4 B8 and i had to replace mirror glass and i noticed this connector tucked away in the back off plate.
Now i wonder if some1 could tell me what it is for, i thought maybe for connecting to the part that alters the way the mirror moves ie dipping on reserve . Cheers

Attachments

• 20200410_125559_copy_1440x1920.jpg
    20200410_125559_copy_1440x1920.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 149
I have folding mirrors taken off an A4 B8 and i had to replace mirror glass and i noticed this connector tucked away in the back off plate.
Now i wonder if some1 could tell me what it is for, i thought maybe for connecting to the part that alters the way the mirror moves ie dipping on reserve . Cheers
I think that was for auto dimming mirrors to stop glare fromcars behind as my s3 has it too aparently an expesive and rare.optional extra for the s3s but not 100% sure u can try put another car with the headlight on full whack behind and they should tint green or atleast one side will if its connected

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998
Autodimming side glass, if you have folding they include the wiring in the bases usually, that's not to say it's installed all through to the rear view, so maybe not pnp.

Have the auto dimming in mine and saw that plug when I swapped indicator repeaters in wing mirror

Such a great feature, day or night they work well and at night really makes the cabin feel darker when you haven’t got headlights reflecting behind you

Reactions: e9_mustii
Have the auto dimming in mine and saw that plug when I swapped indicator repeaters in wing mirror

Such a great feature, day or night they work well and at night really makes the cabin feel darker when you haven’t got headlights reflecting behind you
Its funny tho ive had my s3 for a year now didnt have the slightest clue untill i installed my dynamic indicators and i had a car on my right with his full beams on and saw the mirror go green

Its funny tho ive had my s3 for a year now didnt have the slightest clue untill i installed my dynamic indicators and i had a car on my right with his full beams on and saw the mirror go green

Such a great feature mate yeah, only pain is they can be expensive to replace lol

Yea i think there like 200 each or.something stupid like.that

Nearly £500 from tps lol

Or £50 from a breaker, hard to find too as like you said, a rare optional extra

Breakers also seem to ignore ebay messages a lot...

Reactions: e9_mustii
Thanks to all off you for given me the heads up only down side is 2 fold haven't got the dimming mirror or the dimming rear view but now i know what it is

Reactions: Bryant1998