Radio stopped working

670ak

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make the radio work, its a standard Audi one from an early 2008 A3 SE

Yesterday was working, today it isnt turning on

if you have vcds do an autoscan to see what faults you have after you fo whst member above me said

Fuse is fine, still power getting to the radio. Dont have vcds sadly. Booked into a garage after lockdown...

Fuse is fine, still power getting to the radio. Dont have vcds sadly. Booked into a garage after lockdown...
Have a look at the Vcds map and see if there is any1 local who could do an Autoscan for you and it would give you some idea what could be wrong , might be a simple wire problem

Garage pretty useless, charged a fair bit and just said it needs a new radio

Also said they couldnt help with the central locking playing up and it would need to go to the main dealer (2008). It only works intermittently and you can hear a clicking noise in the boot area when trying to open it manually.

Garage pretty useless, charged a fair bit and just said it needs a new radio

Also said they couldnt help with the central locking playing up and it would need to go to the main dealer (2008). It only works intermittently and you can hear a clicking noise in the boot area when trying to open it manually.

so no outcome at all from them other than it’s broken, what did they charge you?

£48 including the labour for an oil change
I provided the genuine Audi parts, good quality oil etc as was going to do an oil change at home but thought it best to support our local garage as they’ve always been good in the past and it would give them something to along with the locking and radio fix

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
I used to seem to cut out after 2 hours, I remember it doing it even on my way home after buying the car a couple years ago.
Assumed it was normal.
Anyway I won the auction on the radio above so will see if that solves the problem when it arrives.
After owning a long line of Audi's (or in any other cars) I never experienced this problem or even thought a fuse would go, strange the radio would just die, its not even that old.

My Radio switches off after 1 hour of driving, is this a known issue?
Checked fuses all ok, all other functions seem to wok fine.

A3 8p 2008

My Radio switches off after 1 hour of driving, is this a known issue?
Checked fuses all ok, all other functions seem to wok fine.

A3 8p 2008
You really should make your own topic not use another.
Scanning the car is usually the best way to identify if there's any issues with wiring or controllers

If your radio is cutting out when driving it could be anything from Dodgy Wiring, Dodgy Switch to Dodgy Head Unit

I had a faulty ignition starter switch in my car. One of the tell tale signs is the radio cutting out when driving (and randomly switching on again) additionally if you take your keys out the ignition normally the radio stays on

You're really better using VCDS first.
http://www.andrewhope.co.uk/automotive/techdocs/audi-a3-ignition-starter-switch-replacement.html