Air con gone

firebits

A4 Avant Sport 1.4 TFSI
Reaction score
Air con sounds dry, no cold air coming through. Air con was regassed middle of last year, suspect a failure somewhere, perhaps condenser? Any tips?

Air con sounds dry, no cold air coming through. Air con was regassed middle of last year, suspect a failure somewhere, perhaps condenser? Any tips?

When I was buying my used B9 the guy told
me to check the aircon before the warranty runs out as apparently a “sensor goes on them all the time”

Don’t know if that’s much help but it sounds cheaper than a compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: firebits
Common sensor for allot of chassis, is the g65 sensor, however it may not be the same on the b9, it's a pressure switch, this usually shuts aircon down if it's faulty, however on a b9 I'd be surprised being so new but not impossible if they still use this design in the aircon system, ideally a scan may help.

Obviously Audi are closed presently, but it should be under warranty.

Reactions: firebits
Common sensor for allot of chassis, is the g65 sensor, however it may not be the same on the b9, it's a pressure switch, this usually shuts aircon down if it's faulty, however on a b9 I'd be surprised being so new but not impossible if they still use this design in the aircon system, ideally a scan may help.

Obviously Audi are closed presently, but it should be under warranty.
The Air con actually has a kind of “running dry” like noise, this is the best I can explain it I’m afraid. It was the same before it was regassed last year. Will get some form of ODB2 scanner and check, will probably be while till it can get fixed anyway.

Fault found to be a seal on a lower air con hose. Seal replaced and regassed.

Reactions: cuke2u and Mr Olympik