Newbie lowering query

Hairy Poppins

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

New A6 C7 Avant owner, fully intend in lowering the car and had planned on fitting coilovers, spoke to FK Coilovers today and their item is not Drive Select compatible.

I was wondering if I do lower the car will this affect the drive select system? Or can someone with the same system point me down the direction they took?

Can someone help me or guide thy please!

Thanks
Jonny

I think eibach might do a similar spring kit as well.

Reactions: Hairy Poppins
@Bulldog can always rely on you for a response mate, much appreciated thank you!

I wonder would just a simple change of the springs to lowering springs rather than the full coilover have much effect on the drive select system?

I’m not to sure about the drive select system but the KW springs I mentioned are similar to coilovers but you keep your standard shocks & the springs adjust the height. Problem with just lowering springs is they never lower as much as you would hope.

@Hairy Poppins I used to have FK silverline coilovers on my B8 Avant & they was quite a decent ride considering I was on 20’s.

E4B80D3E 81F9 4E5E BAE6 2777E2BB881A

018839F4 0CF9 49EF 8856 ADA93E7E946B

Drive select has no affect on the shocks or spring on the A6, it's not like the mag ride system on the A3 & TT. You can fit whatever you want as long as it fits your car.

@Bulldog Jesus that A4 looks well! Thanks again for all your input lad, it's much appreciated! I will have a look into them.

@B5NUT that's great lad. That's what I like to hear lol.

Reactions: Bulldog