Audi Dashcam worth it ?

Donnythemanny

Reaction score
Dealer quoted an astronomical £799 for front and back dash cams fitted. Anyone had a go at self fitting ? I have an old Nextbase camera which I could fit . Any thoughts, anyone on the Audi camera?

Overpriced.

There are significantly better, cheaper, cameras out there, with better optics and technology, which also receive regular s/w updates.

I'm a fan of the Blackvue range, but there are others out there.

I have Blackvue DR750S camera front and rear which I fit myself into my A6 Avant in about half an hour and set me back less than £350.

I paid £629.00 to have front and rear Audi dash cam (purchased and fitted) by my local Audi dealer.
As the car (A6 saloon) is new I did not want to invalidate my warranty by permanently wiring in an after market dash cam.
So for me well worth it.
I suppose it depends on if your car is out of manufacture warranty or not and if you want it permanently wired in or not.
In the wife's 6 year old Seat I fitted front and rear Blackvue

I have Blackvue DR750S camera front and rear which I fit myself into my A6 Avant in about half an hour and set me back less than £350.
Did you why hard wire in the cameras? If so any tips or guides to help as I want to hardwire a Garmin camera in
Thanks

I fitted it myself. It is a ballache. The hardest bit is getting enough room behind the passenger footwell fuse carrier.

I have to say, it's also utter garbage. Clunky user interview, no dedicated PC software (you have to use VLC and trying to view both front and rear channels is a pain), the phone App is rubbish and it takes forever to view clips on it.

Overall it is utter, utter dung and I would encourage anyone thinging about this to run a mile.

Dealer quoted an astronomical £799 for front and back dash cams fitted. Anyone had a go at self fitting ? I have an old Nextbase camera which I could fit . Any thoughts, anyone on the Audi camera?
Thats a crazy price! I can supply and fit a much better fully hidden system for half that lol

Reactions: THQuattro
If a non-Audi dash cam is fitted, have Audi said that it specifically invalidates the warranty ?

If a non-Audi dash cam is fitted, have Audi said that it specifically invalidates the warranty ?
My local Audi dealer said any electrical fault would not be covered if any non Audi accessories are permanently wired into the vehicle

My local Audi dealer said any electrical fault would not be covered if any non Audi accessories are permanently wired into the vehicle
Dealer scare tactics. They would have to prove the fault was caused by the fitting of the camera and as all you are doing is tapping into to a live 12v feed very doubtful it would cause any issues