A3 2010 number plate reverse camera

Mark1991

Reaction score
Hello all

hoping someone can shed some light.. I have purchased an ebay special (see below)

i have fitted the camera with the wireless thing & tapped into the reverse wire red/blue & also used a ground for the negative.

The receiver has plugged into my pioneer stereo with me using a ignition live wire & a ground... Does anyone know why my stereo isn’t recognising There’s a reverse camera? I don’t have a multimeter but both wireless boxes are lit up so I know there’s power

regards

mark

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIRELESS...261634?hash=item4b4cc0f682:g:d8kAAOSw5FpZmsfc

So presumably your Pioneer head unit has an external camera video input designed to receive a reversing camera signal ?
Do you have to enable the camera input on the head unit ?
Am I missing something ?

Yeah it has an RC connector at the back + the video in/out ones, I have tried all 3.. When I go into the apps on the stereo the rear camera is greyed out as nothing is connected.

Mark - you sure you don't have to enable the input ? If the icon is greyed out I'm thinking it's something in the settings ?

Hahaha omg... I feel stupid, Thank you buddy you’re a star. Take care x

Ok so now... Why does my screen go into disco mode/lines everywhere and go off when I start it? Only on the reverse camera

Usually interference from other electrical components on the car. It’s been mentioned a a couple of times before on this forum. Do a search for possibilities as I can’t remember them.